About the role
Uniting, one of Australia’s largest community services organisations, provides care and support for people through all ages and stages of life, with a focus on people experiencing disadvantage and vulnerability. With a purpose to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice, Uniting celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone exactly as they are in their lives.
In partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), Uniting assists people with disability, their families and carers to achieve tangible outcomes, exercise choice and control and engage with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in the Western Sydney Area.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging provisions (visit https://accesspay.com.au/ for more information)
- Ongoing training and mentoring supporting career progression
- Wellbeing support through the Employee Assistance Program
You will support a broad range of customers aged from seven to sixty five years of age, and their carers, who are at any stage of their NDIS plans and are eligible for the Scheme. In addition, you will connect with prospective customers in the local community who could benefit from other services offered by Uniting.
Using your well-honed customer service skills you will guide customers in their options, empowering them to make informed choices and putting their plans into action. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with people with disability, their families and carers
- Connecting people to relevant support and services in the local community
- Build and maintain professional relationships with customers, support services and the NDIA
- To embrace organisational values (Imaginative, Respectful, Compassionate and Bold) and use them in your daily work
You will need to be flexible with some after hours and or weekend work and travel within Sydney. Additionally, you must be able to fulfill the mandatory requirements:
- Working with Children Check clearance
- National and State Criminal History Check clearance
- Hold a valid driver’s license
You have experience working in a customer service, intuitive sales or business support, in either the not-for-profit or commercial sectors. You’re able to maintain a high standard of work and performance, be inclusive and able to communicate with compassion with people from diverse backgrounds.
Ideally you also have:
- Excellent interpersonal, liaison, negotiation and influencing skills
- Resilience, the ability to take ownership and work to timelines
If you are someone who is willing to go above and beyond for people, have a passion for social justice and a high attention to detail we would welcome your application. Please apply forwarding your cover letter responding to the skills required above and CV quoting #689178 or call Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570 to discuss your interest.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Local Area Coordinators – Customer Service (Western Sydney) via Pro Bono Australia.