About the role
- Are you passionate about social justice and making a difference?
- Keen to join a courageous social change organisation?
- Richmond location – onsite parking available and close to public transport.
Join our team as Manager, Policy and have the opportunity to lead critical strategic policy projects, develop policy initiatives, and strengthen advocacy networks across Australia.
About the role
The Manager, Policy plays a key role leading a team producing high quality research, liaising with programs, developing policy solutions, building and maintaining advocacy networks, and assisting in the development and implementation of advocacy strategies. This is a full time opportunity, based in our Richmond offices.
This will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Commitment to and history of, achieving social change through research, policy and advocacy work.
- High-level capacity to work collaboratively with programs to identify research, social policy and advocacy issues.
- Proven track record in identifying and drawing on current research to develop influential policy positions and impact practice on important social issues.
- Strong networks within the Government and community sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in social sciences or a related discipline are essential, as is significant management experience in research, policy development and social policy advocacy.
An attractive salary plus superannuation and salary packaging is on offer.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
About the organisation
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we’ve provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
About the program
Drawing on our experience of engaging with people, families and communities through our services and programs, the Jesuit Social Services Policy and Advocacy Unit has two key functions:
- Research and policy development: Developing the research, policy and solutions needed to achieve our vision of ‘a just society’.
- Advocacy: Identifying and implementing advocacy strategies to achieve the change needed, including through Government relations, submissions, engagement with the media, collaborations with other sector organisations or allies, and other avenues.
How to apply
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to apply for this role, please visit our website jss.org.au
For more information, please contact Catherine Neville (Executive Director – Advocacy and Strategic Communications) on 0407 318 832.
Applicants are required to submit a resume, along with a covering letter (maximum two pages), incorporating your responses to the key selection criteria. Please also include the names and contact numbers of two referees.
Please apply in confidence.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 16 April 2021.
Applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date and may be subject to change without notice.
Jesuit Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We celebrate and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, cultural background, age, gender, sexuality, disability or religious affiliation.
Jesuit Social Services takes child protection seriously. We undertake multiple screening processes including appropriate reference and background checks, Working with Children Check and police checks to ensure the protection of children and young people in our care.
You are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Code of Conduct
Please quote in application: Manager, Policy via Pro Bono Australia.