About the role
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
- Based in Liverpool (with some scheduled office time)
- Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2022
The Refugee Employment Support Program (RESP) Manager will manage the Refugee Employment Support Program, and a range of other employment projects and initiatives for our humanitarian and asylum seeker clients, whilst supporting the Director of Employment Services and Social Enterprise.
The RESP Manager you will also manage all aspects of implementation, ongoing program management and delivery, reporting, and evaluation. This role will lead the RESP Employment Facilitator team, and be responsible for staffing and budget management. The RESP Manager will work closely with the Director Employment Services and Social Enterprise, RESP program staff, the Employment Services Busines s Development Team and the wider Employment Services team.
- Lead best-practice processes and systems for client case management, capturing client feedback and continuous improvement in service delivery;
- Provide leadership to the RESP staff across NSW, which includes allocating caseloads and managing staff to ensure all outcomes are achieved with a focus on activities that will lead to employment;
- Manage, develop and mentor staff, ensuring tasks are appropriately delegated and achieved at the appropriate level, and ensure all staff are equipped to deliver and meet targets;
- Manage external stakeholder relationships together with direct Manager and the Business Development Team including, employers, community organisations and referral agencies;
- Collaborate with wider employment team to collaborate with employers, and work with training and education providers;
- Financial management, budget accountability and reporting and performance monitoring;
- Manage a range of other employment projects and initiatives for SSI’s humanitarian and asylum seekers clients, as directed by and working in conjunction with the Director of Employment Services and Social Enterprise;
- Engage with best practice research and learning around refugee employment, build networks with related organisations and represent SSI at appropriate refugee employment events and conferences;
- Develop innovative solutions, and deliver results within the compliance framework
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field or equivalent experience in employment services;
- Familiar with the issues and barriers in refugee employment in Australia and an understanding of the wider refugee settlement experience;
- Solid understanding of the employment services sector, preferably refugee employment;
- Experience monitoring KPIs and managing performance using CRM system (Salesforce)
- Experience in leading a team with an ability to motivate, coach and support to achieve high quality outcomes;
- Able to build effective and positive working relationships with staff and various stakeholders;
- Strong business/financial acumen and budgetary skills;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Strong problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our in-house wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
ABOUT EMPLOYMENT & ENTERPRISES
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander viewers are warned that the following video may contain images and footage of deceased persons – viewer discretion is advised.man
Please quote in application: Manager, Refugee Employment Support Program via Pro Bono Australia.