About the role
The Measurement, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Lead will project manage the implementation and continuous improvement of Justice Connect’s new MEL framework to ensure our work has impact and contributes to our vision and strategy. This will include aligning organisational MEL data collection and reporting practices to the framework and our theory of change, and supporting the MEL capacity of staff across the organisation.
- Implementing Justice Connect’s MEL framework across all our services. This will include:
- Refining and continuously improving the MEL framework
- Developing and implementing a MEL capacity building plan that engages staff in understanding, engaging with and committing to the new framework;
- Supporting consistent and high-quality measurement practices across Justice Connect, including refining data collection tools and procedures for their use; and,
- Supporting programs to undertake data monitoring, reflection and learning activities.
- Drawing on MEL activities and in consultation with key staff, assist programs to participate in reporting that aligns with the MEL framework, including:
- Internal reports to management, service teams and the board;
- Reports to funders; and
- External public reporting, including our annual Impact Report.
- Provide advice and input to the development of Justice Connect projects from a MEL perspective.
- work collaboratively with teams undertaking other design or evaluative analysis (e.g. user experience analysis) to ensure lined up data and reporting processes where possible
- Building a strong understanding of our data, programs and reporting systems, including our CRM (Dynamics 365), Google Analytics, social media analytics, Pro Bono Portal, Quicksite, Power BI, and developing strong relationships with Justice Connect staff to deeply understand our work.
- Support the dentification of service quality, outcomes, volume, experience and efficiency improvement projects and activities across the organisation, to ensure that practice and systems are consistent with industry standards, evidence and current best practice.
- Contribute to Justice Connect’s Reconciliation Action Plan activities.
- Other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role.
- Please view PDF for further information regarding selection criteria.
Justice Connect offers employment benefits including salary packaging (making part of your salary tax-free), flexible working arrangements, above award annual leave provisions and opportunities for professional development. Justice Connect is an organisation that strives to show leadership, operate sustainably and demonstrate our effectiveness. You will be rewarded with a workplace culture that is professional, committed, collaborative and creative and where you can make a real difference through your work.
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. In the face of rising levels of unmet legal need, Justice Connect designs and delivers high impact interventions to increase access to legal support and progress social justice.
We are committed to taking an impact-focused approach, applying research and design principles to develop our products and services to ensure they make a tangible difference for our clients and sector peers.
We deliver services that assist both people and community organisations. Those we assist often struggle to navigate the law, are unable to use the law in their daily lives and experience the impacts of harsh and unjust laws. We aim to prevent and to solve legal problems so that we can prevent the negative impacts on people’s lives and organisations and empower the community to use the law as a force for good.
Given the scale of the challenges we address, we use digital innovation to extend our reach and impact, supporting us to be more efficient and accessible, while helping us capture and use data to better understand legal need and underlying systemic issues.
We harness the extraordinary pro bono contributions of over 50 member firms and the barristers we work with across the country. We channel pro bono effort through our innovative service models to ensure that pro bono hours deliver real impact for the community.
We develop strategic interventions to help address the system-level drivers of legal problems and barriers people face when engaging with the legal system. By addressing root causes of flawed or unfair laws and poorly designed systems, we prevent the long-term challenges that people and organisations continue to face.
Our creative and passionate staff drive us forward with a commitment to evaluation and iteration that ensures our impact increases year on year.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Measurement, Evaluation and Learning Lead via Pro Bono Australia.