About the role
- Excellent opportunity with a community-based organisation
- Rewarding and meaningful role with a small dedicated team of professionals
- Full-time position
- Supportive, family-friendly work environment
Located in Canberra, this position is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in managing the organisation by overseeing AGA’s operational requirements, including projects, management of staff, training activities, reporting, servicing the Board, internal communications, organisational policy and general office administration. The position may also deputise for the Executive Director.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and at least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, mentoring and supporting staff
- Strong management, operational, financial and administrative skills
- Experience in organisational development, policies and planning
- A high level of interpersonal and communications skills, including writing and editing material for publications, preparing reports and other communications
- A high level of self-motivation and the ability to work effectively both within a team and autonomously and contribute to a positive team environment
- A valid Working with Vulnerable People Registration (WWVP).
Ideally, you will have lived experience and/or a strong identification of engaging effectively and working collaboratively with diverse communities, including members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and Gender Diverse communities.
The position offers a generous salary, plus super, plus salary packaging options.
Join us today!
About the organisation
A Gender Agenda (AGA) aims to support the goals and needs of the intersex, transgender and gender diverse communities of Canberra and the surrounding region. Through education, advocacy, peer support and professional networks we connect people to each other and build off the wisdom of collective experiences.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.