About the role
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
The Programs Coordinator helps manage and deliver one of The Smith Family’s most valuable programs – Learning for Life. The role involves planning and implementing The Smith Family suite of Learning for Life programs within the community. You will need to be able to help facilitate successful delivery of the programs, including working closely with the Family Partnership Coordinator to support students on the Scholarships program.
A day in the life of a Programs Coordinator might look like this, but really every day will be different:
- Establishing and maintaining Partner School relationships and monitoring progress, planning and implementation, and feedback on programs and activities.
- Continually monitor program delivery and ensure the database has accurate and up to date information.
- Advocating for and answering enquiries relating to The Smith Family educational programs.
- Meeting with fellow team members to discuss potential improvements that can be made to the program.
- Working with community leaders to identify partnership opportunities.
It takes a special kind of person to be one of The Smith Family’s Programs Coordinators. Successful candidates will bring the following:
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating programs / projects.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining relevant partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in administration.
- Holds a current driver’s license.
- High level interpersonal and communication Skills.
- Demonstrated capability to manage and plan own work to achieve identified goals within time constraint.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. The Smith Family is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Living up to their employment promise, The Smith Family’s team members tell them that working for The Smith Family has great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, their team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
Michael Page and The Smith Family are working together in partnership to support the successful placement of the Programs Coordinator in Shepparton, VIC. Michael Page are leading recruitment specialists and aim to bring the world’s best employers and brightest professionals together. The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Programs Coordinator – Shepparton, VIC – 12 month contract via Pro Bono Australia.