About the role
The Relationship Manager will work to build and grow major giving in Western Australia to further the mission of Compassion in releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Do you have a passion for justice and a heart to see the church equipped as a catalyst of transformation in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty? Are you excited about the challenge of engaging and activating groups and individuals across the Australian Christian landscape, towards a movement of compassionate generosity, as an outworking of faith?
Here’s a chance to utilise your exceptional influencing, networking and relationship management skills for a cause that matters.
Compassion Australia is part of a global ministry that seeks to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name. As a Relationship Manager, you will work as part of an Area Team executing National Strategy, to cultivate, nurture and grow meaningful partnerships with major donors that will increase Compassion’s profile, influence and impact.
As a Relationship Manager you will also:
- Implement National strategies and campaigns to grow networks of partnerships with major donors.
- Maintain, coordinate and strengthen existing relationships with major donors.
- Be responsible for all stages/steps of the major gift solicitation process for donors and prospects in your portfolio.
- Achieve financial and non-financial targets by building a pipeline of donor opportunities through the implementation of best practice major gift relationship fundraising.
- Present & educate on Compassion Australia’s mission and impact in public & private settings, including some churches.
- Participate in intermittent international travel with major donor groups to facilitate increased understanding and engagement with Compassion’s work.
Job Specific Requirements:
- A demonstrated capacity to build the influence and impact of an organisation by developing and managing meaningful partnerships and networks with external stakeholders, specifically major donors
- Extensive experience in lead generation and prospecting including experience in cold & warm calls, moves management and working to key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to network with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- 5 years experience in developing relationships with major donors and crafting major donor strategies to secure results;
- Proficiency with donor/customer databases for analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge and networks within Perth and WA
- Knowledge of global poverty and development
- Experience or qualifications in Ministry, Sales, Marketing, Communication or equivalent experience
- Exemplary communication skills including persuasive negotiation, written communication and experience publicly representing an organisation
- Ability to work in a cross-functional structure.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets.
- Available to work on Sundays on occasion.
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please review the application pack and submit your application by clicking “Apply Now”. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact People and Culture via email at email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 11th April 2021.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Relationship Manager (Major Gift Partnerships) via Pro Bono Australia.