About the role
Work for an inspiring organisation
SHINE for Kids is the only national non-profit provider of youth programs across 5 states and territories.
To lead this team, you will need to be passionate about education, child protection, social justice, and mitigating family fragmentation – so that children feel supported whilst their parent is serving their prison sentence.
Impact your community in a meaningful way
Schools can be a protective or risk factor for primary aged children with an incarcerated parent. This position provides high-level strategic direction to a team of local coordinators who strive to break the cycle of disadvantage by fostering wrap-around community support for children with a parent in custody.
You will be leading program design and rollouts to increase school attendance, educational outcomes, improve self-esteem, and reduce any antisocial behaviour that may lead to school suspensions.
A typical day will involve
- Ensures consistency of practice and outcomes across all programs
- Develop evidence-based outcomes that measure social impact
- Collaborate with businesses, non-profits, government, indigenous groups, academia to create a seamless service.
- Model a professional and respectful service partnership delivery
- Recruitment, performance, development, and wellbeing of staff
- Provide training to SHINE for Kids employees and volunteers
- Gather local intel to further develop systems for positive change
- Continuously improve program design and regularly evaluating program effectiveness
- Maintain monthly statistics, analysis, and communicate findings
- Promote a caring, culturally appropriate, and nonjudgmental environment for children
- Prioritising children, and ensuring their families, are treated with dignity and respect
Does this sound like you?
- High-level education and/or social work-relevant qualifications
- Several years’ strategic leadership in a youth-related organisation
- Extensive project/program management development expertise
- High level verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Deeply appreciate the challenges that children of prisoners face
- Experience working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people
- A clean Working With Children’s Check and Criminal Record
- A current driver’s licence and willingness to travel if required
The benefits you will enjoy
- Total package $95-105k: $43.79/hr + super + salary packaging
- A full-time, Mon-Fri position with reimbursed travel expense
- An initial 12-month contract with the potential to extend
- Tools of the trade: phone and laptop
- Ongoing training and professional development
- The satisfaction of a massive difference in the lives of vulnerable young people
What you need to do now
Please apply without delay by sending your updated resume and optional cover letter to Niki@Futureproofstaffing.com. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 3 business days to discuss.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: RISE National Education Manager via Pro Bono Australia.