About the role
The Senior Outcomes Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager Outcomes to deliver a range of supports and services across the region. This will include working on service improvement initiatives, service design, service modelling, service implementation and service monitoring.
Working closely with the Outcomes Administrator, this position will ensure Melba is compliant with all Supported Independent Living Roster Quoting provisions including reviews, Positive Behaviour Support and Personal Outcomes Measures requirements and Restrictive Practices and legislative requirements and will embed the Melba Way within all supports delivered across the region. This position will also provide expert advice, strategic support and coaching to Operations Managers and will be the Authorised Program Officer (APO) and Authorised Reporting Officer (ARO) for the region.
The Senior Outcomes Manager will assist the General Manager Outcomes by working directly with Operations Managers and House Supervisors in completing APO duties, conducting quality of support reviews, developing improvement plans, responding to escalated complaints, and making reports to external regulators.
Reporting to the GM, Outcomes – South you will:
- take responsibility for managing, mentoring and guiding overall operations in the region
- manage organisational change
- deliver service design, modelling, implementation and monitoring
- initiate service improvement initiatives and projects
- provide critical Incident Management
- improve customer engagement
- complete SIL Quoting
- provide complaints management and Quality of Support Reviews
- be part of the Melba State-wide second line on call roster
- represent the GMO in internal and external stakeholder meetings and forums when delegated
You’ll be driven and show genuine passion for building capability within your team. In addition, you:
- are a natural leader; modelling a positive attitude, professional conduct and unwavering commitment to quality outcomes and service delivery for staff, individuals with disability and the community
- possess a strong working knowledge of relevant disability legislation, behaviour support practices and service management
- have a comprehensive understanding of and experience in the provision and application of Positive Behaviour Support and/or have previously held the role of APO
- enjoy working with a high performing group of colleagues and peers and accept responsibility and accountability
- You are pragmatic at analysing and managing risk
- are an articulate, clear communicator with a high level of literacy
- are self-motivated, well organised and resourceful
- possess a high level of integrity, passion and reliability
- are an advocate for independence with a human rights focus
- have a positive track record supporting people with complex presentations including intellectual disabilities, complex health and physical disabilities
- will possess a relevant qualification in Disability or equivalent
About the organisation
Melba Support Services are a not-for-profit community organisation that provides supports to people with disabilities. Their Purpose is to open up a world of opportunities for people to live a fabulous life.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Outcomes Manager - South via Pro Bono Australia.