About the role
Traditional strategic thinking is not solving today’s social challenges. We need to generate new ideas, build capability and secure capital to drive impact. Spark is an agency for strategic solutions and sustained action. As a trusted advisor, we help to inject creative ideas, challenge the thinking, and align the conceptual and practical. As a certified B Corp, we stand for purpose, not just profit.
We are seeking an experienced consultant with 7+ years of relevant experience, including at least 3 years in consulting or similar work, to join our team. This split role involves both consulting and business development, and will be best suited to someone with a commitment and strong networks in the social sector (e.g. not-for-profits, government, philanthropy, CSR, social enterprise, social procurement).
Consulting: Leading complex strategic advisory projects for a wide range of clients and working across the entire project lifecycle, you will consult with our clients to understand their pain points, uncover strategic opportunities, conduct research and perform complex analysis, stress test ideas and provide thorough recommendations driven by stakeholder engagement.
Business development: you will help to support the financial sustainability of the organisation through creative pitches, proposal development and other sales related activities.
If you are interested in joining a profit-for-purpose consulting firm delivering a unique brand of advisory, we invite you to apply for this role to sit within our dynamic, non-hierarchical team.
What we are looking for:
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience, including 3+ years of consulting (preferably strategy and business models)
- Experience in and/or with the for-purpose sector
- Very strong facilitation skills
- Strong project management experience
- Full command over the tools and frameworks of the trade such as business and financial modeling, strategic planning and analysis tools, project management methodologies, etc.
- Proven ability to initiate, design and be responsive in client advisory projects, working with a high level of ambiguity
- Proven track record of sales success
- Comfortable interacting directly with boards and executives
- Experience working with services and people-based organisations such as not-for-profits, government organisations or professional services firms
- Individual network of previous clients, contacts and industry thought leaders across not-for-profit, government, philanthropic and/or CSR
- Interest and passion in making the world a better place
As a small team, we support each other in everything we do and every role includes a diversity and variety of responsibilities. We want to find someone that will fit into our culture and represent our unique brand and approach to our clients:
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to deal with and respond to ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial flare
- Passionate and committed
- Flexible and friendly
- Enthusiastic and pro-active
- Focused, with great attention to detail
- Looks for opportunities to learn and improve
- Thrives in a team-focused environment
About the organisation
Spark Strategy works with leaders who are as excited by ideas as we are, who want to take action and transform. And we stick with our clients to achieve outcomes, favouring long-term relationships over draft and dash plans. Our approach is highly interactive and all about bringing energy into the process through team-based workshops and activities that spark moments of discovery. We do the heavy lifting behind the scenes, stretching and probing the ideas before rigorously planning out the execution and building the organisational stamina required for transformation. We employ both traditional consulting tools (without the consultant-speak) and creative tools to help unearth ideas that are practical yet innovative.
Our key services include strategic planning, business model design, operating model review, impact assessment, facilitation, co-design and other strategic projects e.g. (partnerships, innovation).
How to apply
Please provide your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th April 2021. In your cover letter, please let us know why you are interested in Spark Strategy, and include a short summary of your relevant experience and how you will add value to our unique consulting firm.
Please quote in application: Senior Strategic Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.