About the role
An exciting ongoing full time position for a Senior Support Worker (SSW) has become available in the Koori Women’s Place at our Abbotsford Head Office. You will be involved in building a culturally appropriate and safe environment for Aboriginal women to gather and to attend events, activities and programs aimed at empowering women with knowledge, friendship and support.
You will coordinate and assist with the delivery of the KWP’s annual program of activities both online and face to face ensuring that the activities run smoothly and connect with the cultural, social and personal interests of Aboriginal women.
You will be right for this job if you are an energetic person who enjoys working in teams and demonstrates warmth, humour and flexibility.
Applicants will need to have the following:
- Experience working in Aboriginal organisations, the community and/or private sector in roles requiring knowledge and intuitive skills to support Aboriginal women with complex and challenging needs.
- Experience working with people experiencing family violence and/or sexual assault.
- Training or Qualification in Social Work, Community Services, Community Welfare, or a related field will be desirable.
- Support and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work-life balance
- Extra annual leave given between Christmas and New Year
- Generous Salary Packaging options (Not For Profit Organisation)
- Employee Assistance Program with supportive, confidential counselling for personal and work concerns.
About the organisation
Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation (ACCO) that works towards a future where all Aboriginal women are strong, safe, independent, healthy and positive in their lives, culture and communities. All Djirra’s work is designed by and for Aboriginal women and is deeply respectful of and connected to community. Self-determination is the foundation of everything we do: it is Our Cultural Way.
Djirra’s vision is to provide high quality culturally appropriate services for Aboriginal women in Victoria who have experienced or are experiencing family violence.
Our services exist for Aboriginal women and more generally, for Aboriginal people who experience family violence in different stages of their lives. Preventing and addressing family violence is at the core of our work.
We are committed to ending family violence against Aboriginal women and their children through holistic and culturally safe specialist services, prevention programs and advocacy for change. Our services have state-wide reach.
You will contribute to the provision and delivery of a culturally appropriate support service which assists Aboriginal women who are facing family violence issues.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit their cover letter, resume and provide responses to the questions found at the bottom of the application form. Please refer to https://djirra.org.au/ for organisational information, position description and how to apply. Further enquires regarding this position can be directed to Teresa Kyprianou, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Senior Support Worker (Koori Womens Place) via Pro Bono Australia.