About the role
Specialist Behaviour Support Practitioner Responsibilities:
· Utilise a strengths-based, participant focused framework with participants, families and partners
· Employ the principles of evidence-based practice
· Work collaboratively as a member of multi-disciplinary teams
· Handle complex case management
· Work with participants to develop individualised Positive Behaviour Support Plans through function-based assessments and train staff to implement strategies effectively
· Assess Restrictive Practices and develop strategies to reduce or eliminate the need to use them
· Lodge Interim and Comprehensive Positive Behaviour Support Plans through the NDIS Commission Safeguards Portal
· Undergo relevant assessments as deemed necessary by the Clinical Director such as the Self-assessment resource guide Version 1, July 2020
· Maintain appropriate documentation and systems to safeguard participants such as case notes.
· Experience developing and implementing positive behaviour support plans
· Hold relevant qualifications to be deemed suitable by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
· Satisfy the criteria outlined in the Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework
· Have an understanding of National Definitions of Restrictive Practices as defined in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (Restrictive Practices and Behaviour Support) Rules 2018
· Your own vehicle with comprehensive insurance cover, valid driver’s license.
About the organisation
My Voice Pty Ltd is a growing, forward thinking, innovative, boutique disability service with an agile multi-disciplinary workforce.
We strive to provide people with a disability true flexibility and choice in service delivery through innovative, inclusive and practice lead solutions.
How to apply
Please email your CV to our HR section email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or would like to discuss the role please contact:
Marielle Smith, Director of Clinical Services - mob: 0447 278 279
David Coyne, Executive Director Operations - mob: 0437 332 388
Please quote in application: Specialist Behaviour Support Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.