About the role
International Justice Mission Australia is seeking a Sr Lead Government and Corporate Affairs to drive IJM’s advocacy efforts with corporate Australia and the NSW Parliament.
Reporting to the Chief Advocacy Officer, the Sr Lead Government and Corporate Affairs will:
- Develop and lead IJM’s advocacy strategy for business dialogue round tables
- In consultation with the CAO, design and execute IJM’s campaign to see the NSW Modern Slavery Act proclaimed
- Develop messaging and collateral appropriate to the corporate and government contexts
- Assist the CAO to establish strategic and by-partisan relationships with 15 MPs and execute strategy to deepen political engagement and understand IJM’s theory of change through events and communications
- In partnership with the Sr Lead Media and Mobilisation, coordinate a campaign plan and events to bring together civil society groups to scrutinise the Commonwealth Modern Slavery Act
- Assist with Government submissions where required and engage corporates by finding common ground and aligned interest on key public policy issues and Government decision making processes
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A deep conviction for justice and ending slavery
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Government, political or corporate experience (highly desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- The ability to translate complex policy issues to high level solution-focused public policy asks
- Experience finding common ground with civil society, corporates and/or churches to build collaborations for change
You will also be:
- A highly motivated self-starter
- A creative problem solver
- Outcome driven
About the organisation
Who we are
International Justice Mission is the global leader in protecting the world’s poorest people from violence in the developing world. Our global team is at work in over 25 countries across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America. Together we are catalysing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for people in poverty unstoppable.
International Justice Mission Australia, established in 2014, partners with IJM Global to deliver justice programs overseas and grow the movement of Australians seeking justice for the oppressed.
IJM is Christian, Professional and Bridge Building. Our Christian value manifests not only in our motivation but in our culture and work environment, including daily devotions, stillness and prayer.
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals - characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes
- Opportunity for spiritual formation
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of QE
How to apply
Please send a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position including your demonstrated commitment to IJM Australia’s values as detailed above, along with your current CV to email@example.com.
IJM Australia is interviewing and recruiting for this position as applications are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please quote in application: Sr Lead, Government and Corporate Affairs via Pro Bono Australia.