About the role
- Lead key program and policy initiatives focused on achieving equitable outcomes for priority population groups
- Drive the development and implementation of Cancer Council Victoria’s Elimination of Cervical Cancer in Victoria strategy
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Part time position (0.6FTE, 12-month parental leave cover) – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Strategic Lead, Programs and Policy to join the Prevention Division. Reporting to the Head of Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation your role is to:
- Lead an exciting new strategic priority for Cancer Council, driving the development and implementation of its Elimination of Cervical Cancer in Victoria strategy – a five-year collaborative strategy to advance the elimination of cervical cancer in Victoria by 2030.
- Provide informed input into policy and advocacy work around cervical screening, viral hepatitis and HPV immunisation.
- Provide expert advice in line with Cancer Council Victoria’s strategic directions; cultivate and manage key stakeholder relationships; identify and contribute to opportunities that further SEDI’s reach, including funding and collaboration opportunities; and collaborate closely with the SEDI managers.
- Identify emerging issues, data, trends and evidence related to screening, early detection and HPV immunisation policy and practice; engagement of priority communities; as well as government policy and practice – and providing these insights to the SEDI team to improve project design and processes.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A tertiary degree in public health, health promotion or a related discipline
- Substantial relevant experience, preferably within health policy, community development, health promotion or related fields
- Proven experience in strategy development and implementation, including experience in leading organisations, stakeholders and teams to develop and operationalise state-wide level strategies
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with individuals and groups at local, state and national levels
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $86,449 – $102,297 pa (pro rata for part-time) plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Prevention Division aims to reduce the risk of cancer in the Victorian population through social marketing, advocacy, professional training and providing advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to support health and wellbeing.
With the aim to achieve equitable outcomes for all Victorians, the Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation (SEDI) program works in partnership with stakeholders to deliver community-based programs, innovative media and communications activities and engages with the primary care and workforce sector to deliver training and education to support participation in breast, bowel and cervical cancer screening, early detection (with a particular focus on viral hepatitis-related liver cancer) and HPV immunisation.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Strategic Lead, Programs & Policy (PREV.123) via Pro Bono Australia.