About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- A rewarding career in a growing service sector
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Multiple part time & casual positions
- Melbourne Eastern and Southern
About the opportunity
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We understand that quality customer services begins with employees that love what they do and demonstrate a passion for Human Rights and the Uniting Values; Respectful, Compassionate, Bold and Imaginative.
Our employees are committed to supporting people with disabilities to live the life they choose and to achieve their goals.
In applying for a role as a Disability Support Worker at Uniting, you are raising your hand to be part of a team who make it their business to improve the lives of others. At Uniting our service starts with the consumer’s voice and providing support to our consumers to maintain their independence, support choice and control and maintain relationships. Our Supported Independent Living Services are here to do just that.
Our Disability Support workers provide support in all required tasks of daily living respecting the individual way in which our residents wish to be supported. This may include support with their personal care, mobility, meal assistance, household tasks and meaningful engagement within their home and community environments.
We have multiple opportunities for people to join our team to deliver high quality support services in Eastern and Southern Melbourne. If you’re looking for a career that inspires you, challenges you and makes a difference in people’s lives then this role at Uniting Vic Tas is the perfect choice for you.
About us – Uniting Vic Tas
- We provide rewarding work opportunities where you can support people to live great lives
- Each day is different from the next where you’re constantly being challenged and learning something new
- Flexibility of working hours that can fit in with your lifestyle
- Work with a great team
- A supportive work environment
- Great learning opportunities
- You enjoy supporting people with a disability
- You are a clear and effective communicator
- You show attention to detail and accuracy in record management
- You are passionate that everyone has a right to live a great life
- You are imaginative and can think outside the box
- You show an open mind
- You are adaptable and manage change well
- You follow through and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- You show maturity and capacity to deal with unexpected or challenging situations
- Flexibility and availability is essential in this role, with the ability to work a variety of shifts (e.g. morning, day, afternoon, evening and weekends)
- Relevant qualifications are highly desirable, however, someone with the right attitude and willingness to learn will be considered.
How to apply
- Submit your application via this ad or the email address below (Cover Letter and Resume)
- If you progress, take part in a 10-15-minute phone screen
- Be invited to come along to an interview where Uniting will determine your suitability for the role
- Your reference checks
- A verbal offer followed by necessary safety and employment screening
- Then we’d offer you a contract and determine when you can start and join the team!
If you are passionate about the disability sector don’t miss this great opportunity to join an organisation that is human rights based, values driven, offers a family friendly work environment and makes a genuine difference to the lives of people in the local community.
Want to find out more?
If you’d like to find out more about working at Uniting Vic Tas, please contact Raffaele.
Phone: 0434 890 000
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you have the right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following First Aid, CPR or other accreditations do you currently hold?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you have a current Working with Children’s Check card?
- Do you have experience working in the disability sector?
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Worker - Disability Residential Services (March 2021) via Pro Bono Australia.