About the role
As one of 6 Supportive Housing Workers you will provide high quality case management and service coordination to assist clients to access housing, settle in their new home and community, and stay housed.
A typical day will see you outreach to clients, helping them establish a new home, connect to community, make referrals, navigate services, record case notes, provide advocacy, and use a sustaining tenancies approach with housing partners.
We’re looking for someone
- Excited to assist in the implementation of a new program.
- Passionate about sustaining tenancies and ending homelessness in Melbourne.
- Highly skilled in case management & outreach
You can look forward to
- Maximum term full time role (18 month contract-subject to funding)
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Structured training and professional development and regular line supervision
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Contributing to the collective impact of Sacred Heart Mission’s client services
- Be located in the heart of St Kilda, close to public transport & parking
About the organisation
Your future workplace
The GreenLight Plus Program is provided by Sacred Heart Mission and The Salvation Army. We will support people with a history of chronic homelessness and currently in hotel emergency accommodation due to Covid 19, to access housing, stay housed and build community connection. GreenLight Plus provides specific support to sustain tenancies and will link people to supports for underlying health and other issues that may impact on people staying housed.
How to apply
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply apply now.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 18 April 2021. Shortlisting and interviews for this position will commence immediately.
For more information about the role, contact Sarah Honan Barnes, Program and Housing Partnership Manager Greenlight Plus 0449 902 177.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a NDIS Worker Screening (NDIS) check. Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
Please quote in application: Case Manager – Supportive Housing Worker via Pro Bono Australia.