About the role
As a Team Coordinator and Team Coordinator – Peer Specialist with Flourish Australia, you will support and develop the skills of staff through the provision of in-service training. You will also have a hands-on role with frontline service delivery, working directly with people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. As the Team Coordinator and Team Coordinator – Peer Specialist, you will take a hands-on approach in providing person led recovery-oriented and trauma informed service that best supports people to live in the community.
In addition, the Team Coordinator – Peer Specialist will use lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Support the manager to implement programs, policies and local procedures.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of lower or similar classified employees.
- Facilitate discussions regarding the individual needs and goals of each person accessing Flourish Australia’s services and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an individual plan that meets these needs.
- Encourage people to develop skills which will meet their needs. These may include domestic skills, social skills, independence skills, and skills to enter education and/or employment.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
- A relevant Certificate IV or above in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience working in the community in a mental health setting.
- A strong commitment to, and advanced understanding of, recovery-based practice in the workplace.
- A strong understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role and in providing support and/or supervision to lower classified staff.
- Maintain a current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions; and
- Career development opportunities.
About the organisation
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator, Peer Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.