About the role
About the program
Frontyard Accommodation Program (FYAP) provides an enhanced supported accommodation program to young people that experience barriers to accessing universal homelessness youth accommodation. FYAP is an innovative new program that opened in 2019 that is designed to help young people that consistently fall through the gaps of systems and supports to avoid entrenched long term homelessness.
About the role
As a leadership role, the Team Leader is expected to operate under limited direction from management and undertake a range of functions which include developing/enhancing operational policies and guidelines. The Team Leader will have responsibility for decision making for the FYAP team and will provide expert advice relating to crisis accommodation provision.
- Ensuring the provision of high quality, healing oriented, holistic services to all young people who are accommodated
- Identify risk, developing strategies to mitigate these and managing any incidents safely, providing support and direction to employees and young people
- Providing leadership and coaching to employees working with young people with multiple and complex needs and supporting employees to develop comprehensive care plans and risk assessments for all young people
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in youth work, community development or social work or related qualification or extensive community sector experience
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in leading a team of professionals working in a youth homelessness accommodation program with the ability to implement innovative responses to crisis intervention and case management strategies to disrupt the cycle of homelessness young people are experiencing
- A demonstrated ability to lead, guide, supervised and support employees with a sound understanding of supervision guidelines and best practice principles
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering high quality programs and services
About the organisation
About the organisation
We are a leading community support organization working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a broad range of support in Homelessness, Justice, Disability, Palliative Care, Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS), and Early Years and Education service areas. A career with us means you are part of an organisation making a real difference.
Find out more about us!
How to apply
For more information, including a position description, closing date and how to apply, please click “apply now” to be redirected to our website.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: email@example.com
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense.
Our commitment to diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Frontyard Accommodation Program via Pro Bono Australia.