About the role
- Lead an exciting Program targeting homelessness and rough sleepers
- Two year contract role
- Based in Parramatta/Penrith with travel across Sydney region
Evolve Housing offers you the opportunity to be part of Together Home, an exciting program which is aimed at providing housing and support to the most vulnerable in our community. Specifically targeting rough sleepers and those in Temporary Accommodation, this program will transition people into the private rental market and provide access to much needed support services.
This program uses a case management approach to provide client-centred, wrap around support to these individuals housed through the Program. It will assist people to gain independence by providing a home and supporting them on their journey to independence.
As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of case service management and supervise a team of six (6) case managers. You will provide valuable management, supervision and support to your team and actively monitor the success and progress of the program.
You will ensure client referrals are promptly responded to and client assessments are completed and case plans are developed, executed and reviewed in a timely manner. You will be responsible for supporting staff with complex client matters,actively establish and maintain strategic sector and professional networks, relationships with key stakeholders including community partners, peer networks and Government sector bodies.
You will be responsible for ensuring data and reporting requirements are adequately maintained and provide timely client progress reports to managers and relevant funding bodies. You will supervise brokerage expenditure and maintain a detailed knowledge of government and department policy relating to the homelessness sector.
This role will be highly mobile and will have capacity to work in our Penrith and Parramatta offices. Our clients will be based in South Western Sydney, Western Sydney and the Nepean Blue Mountains area.
The Right Person
Use your energy, tenacity and extensive skills and experience in the homelessness sector to lead, mentor and enpower a team of dedicated professionals.Use your pioneering spirit and compassion to create change and be part of this progressive initiative which helps create opportunities, hope and building blocks for future success. You will be overseeing a culturally diverse cohort of clients with very complex needs and will have the opportunity to make a difference and help shape the destiny of others. You will need to have previous management experience, extensive case management experience and direct experience dealing with people with complex needs. Assertive Outreach experience and an understanding of Trauma Informed Care will be a crucial part of your success.
You will need to be a self-starter, someone who embraces and relishes change and challenges and be committed to helping others achieve their goals. You will need to be resilient, patient, an active listener and someone who does not give up easily. If you have a genuine desire to help people and create change in the homeless sector we want to hear from you!
Essential Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, welfare or other related disciplines and/or equivalent experience;
- Previous experience and knowledge in the Homelessness sector with a thorough understanding of barriers affecting rough sleepers to gaining and sustaining a tenancy;
- Successful program management/coordination experience in a contractual environment;
- Thorough understanding of Trauma Informed Care and Strength based approaches with the ability to champion these across a team environment;
- Thorough knowledge of mental health and primary healthcare services accessed by individuals experiencing chronic mental health and healtrh issues;
- Demonstrated high level of crisis resolution skills and ability to support staff in a crisis;
- Previous leadership experience and demonstrated ability to manage a remote team;
- Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through effective stakeholder management and the ability to influence others;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, to work proactively and cooperatively in a team and to build productive working relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member, with a commitment to build a supportive and collaborative team culture;
- Proven understanding, respect and sensitivity towards cultural and social diversity and clients with complex needs;
- Current driver’s licence and right to drive in Australia;
- An inherent requirement of the role is a willingness to travel and work across a number of locations according to a flexible schedule;
- Willingness to obtain a National Criminal Record Check;
- Possession of a current and compliant Working With Children Check or willingness to obtain;
- Right to work in Australia;
Conditions and Benefits
Generous salary, NFP salary sacrifice (tax-free component may increase take home pay), 35 hour week, flexible workplace and genuine development opportunities.
About the organisation
Evolve Housing is a community focused provider of social and affordable housing. We provide innovative housing services and solutions to those in need and develop partnerships that provide positive social outcomes for individuals and their communities.
Achieving social outcomes for our tenants, residents and community is a strategic focus for Evolve. We are excited to be part of the Together Home Program which further recognises our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities we support.
How to apply
To apply, submit your resume and a covering letter addressing all selection criteria to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Evolve Housing encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
Evolve Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has zero tolerance for discrimination. We base our candidate selection and employment decisions on our business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and experience, without regard to race, religion or belief, age, gender, family or parental status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by laws or regulation. At Evolve Housing we strive to create a diverse culture and appreciate diversity in our applicants.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Homeless and Rough Sleepers Program via Pro Bono Australia.