About the role
In this highly rewarding role as Team Leader, you will be overseeing and providing support and leadership to the operational teams, and is responsible for ensuring support services and practices align with organisational philosophy and values. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the delivery of high quality, best practice support to clients, and ensuring service delivery meets standards and guidelines.
- Providing direct service and secondary consultations to clients with multiple or complex needs, and managing and supporting clients and team members in times of critical incidents or crisis as required.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders and other service providers within the sector across VIC.
- Developing and enhancing the skills and knowledge of team members, including identification of appropriate training needs.
- Completing regular reporting, and driving quality improvement activities.
- Participating and facilitating meetings, debriefing, supervision, training, and forums.
- Melbourne Western & Northern Districts
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Degree qualifications in Human Services, or an Allied Health discipline, and significant experience working with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
- Demonstrated leadership/supervision experience, and working within a case management framework.
- Good knowledge of community outreach support programs and interventions, and sound understanding of the homelessness service system, with knowledge of patterns, trends, and systemic issues.
- Strong ability to actively and assertively engage clients with complex needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and child safety requirements.
- Excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation, and problem solving skills.
Availability to participate in on-call & after hours support functions required. All successful applicants are required to have a current First Aid Cert., AFP NPC, VIC WWCC, valid Driver Licence, and Rights to Work in Australia.
Click “Apply Now” and include a current CV to make a formal application. For more information, please contact Michelle Madgwick on 0415 474 614.
About the organisation
Melbourne City Mission (MCM) is a leader and innovator in the provision of services to the community. Established in 1854, Melbourne City Mission is a non-denominational organisation that supports thousands of Victorian people and communities to overcome barriers, and disrupt disadvantage to live their life, their way.
As a service provider, Melbourne City Mission’s work is focussed on supporting people to take charge of their own lives, and participate fully in community life. Melbourne City Mission’s service profile includes: Children, Youth, Adult & Family; Disability; Employment, Education & Training; Homelessness; Justice; and Palliative Care. Our Healing Oriented Framework guides us in our trauma informed knowledge to enhance trauma responsiveness across all programs and deepens the capacity of teams and services in complex environments to provide healing oriented care.
As a social change agent, Melbourne City Mission advocates for social policy change, and works across all sectors in seeking to achieve sustainable outcomes for communities experiencing disadvantage.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Homelessness to Homes Program via Pro Bono Australia.