About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Initially maximum term until 30 June 2021
- Based at Dandenong
About the opportunity
The Therapeutic Practitioner works as part of the Keeping Connected Sibling Support and Placement Service which supports vulnerable sibling groups who are entering the out of home care system. Promoting preservation and reunification of sibling groups, the service aims to keep siblings together in a home based care setting, and prevent young people from being placed in residential care unnecessarily.
The Practitioner plays an important role in developing, implementing and reviewing therapeutic support plans for sibling groups. The role will be expected to work closely with Child Protection and other stakeholders to support the initial placement of sibling groups.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, or a human services related discipline.
You will also have:
- Sound understanding of the Best Interests Principles and the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Extensive experience working with vulnerable children, young people and families, particularly sibling groups
- Experience working with Child Protection directly or in a community services setting
- Demonstrated ability to assess and appropriately respond to risk for children and young people aged 0-17
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Monday 12 April 2021
Get in touch
Sanne Houter – Team Leader, Keeping Connected Sibling Support & Placement Service
T: 0423 758 635 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Practitioner - Sibling Support & Placement Service via Pro Bono Australia.