About the role
Dual reporting to both the GM HR and GM Corporate Services, this role has two equally focused areas:
Firstly, the role has the responsibility of the coordination of the organisation’s WHS management system, WHS processes, Return to Work Coordination, Incident Reporting and general admin. Secondly, the role has responsibility of the coordination of the Woodville Alliance ‘Quality Management System’ (QMS) including accreditation requirements for ISO: 9001 (2015), NDIS Standards & Modules and the Early Learning Education National Quality Framework (NQF). Co-ordination of annual internal /external audit requirements. Central source of all policy and procedures and control processes.
MAIN DUTIES – WHS
- WHS Management System Responsible for the coordination of the organisation’s WHS Management System
- Incident Reporting WHS reports on incidents, near misses, actions taken as well as performance of the WHS management system
- Return to Work Coordinator for Woodville Alliance, undertaking liaison with relevant stakeholders such as Rehab Providers, Workers Compensation Insurers, treating parties, managers and the affected staff members
- Incident Management from the time of incident to the cause/ prevention being rectified
- Risk Assessments/Induction Drive processes and procedures for the following: Evacuation, Consultation, Risk Assessments, Wardens, Evacuation drills (Standard Operating Procedures) SOP’s and WHS inductions/group training
- Research WHS trends for the sector including workers compensation premium analysis
- Pandemic / COVID 19 Champion pandemic requirements and implement on site
- Support the GM HR with WHS and other admin tasks as directed
MAIN DUTIES – QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Organisational Accredited Standards: Responsible for the improvement and co-ordination of the Quality Management Systems (QMS) across the organization ensuring compliance with:
- ISO 9001 (2015) Quality Management standard
- NDIS Standards & Relevant Modules
- ACECQA Early Learning Education National Quality Framework (NQF)
- Other standards as required for organizational best practice (working towards compliance) including:
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management
- Audits and Audit Planning (Internal): Develop and co-ordinate annual internal audit plans with managers. Completion of audits and regular reporting.
- Registers and Processes: Coordinate overall processes, procedures and reporting for registers to comply to the above accredited standards. Corrective Action registers amongst others, include cause analysis, and are actioned and maintained by the organization.
- WA Policies, Procedures and Forms: Development and co-ordination with key stake holders.
- Quality Management Review Committee & Online Quality Improvement Committee meetings – coordination and reporting for above committees for strategic policy creation for approval by management and the Board via Board management system.
- External Audits and Accreditation processes: Responsibility for ensuring that all internal stakeholders are consulted and provided regular feedback.
- Support the GM CS with QMS and other admin tasks as directed.
About the organisation
Woodville Alliance (WA) is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Western Sydney and working primarily in Fairfield, Bankstown, Auburn and Liverpool. We have operated for over forty years and provide a broad range of children’s, family, youth, mental health, disability and early intervention services. Further details regarding our services can be found on our website: http://www.woodville.org.au/. Our organisational vision and mission focuses on social justice and working in partnership with our community. Our values include empowerment, empathy, compassion and innovation.
How to apply
- Tertiary level qualification in WHS or Quality or relevant
- Minimum three years’ work experience in Quality and NDIS accreditation and ideally both areas.
- Experience in Return to Work Coordination
- Strong experience in developing and conducting internal audit and implementing systems of continual improvement
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of WHS and establishing accreditation systems and frameworks in an organisation against regulatory standards
- Ability to consult and communicate with Senior Management and staff effectively to achieve critical outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- High level proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and stay well organised.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability for analyse and problem solve.
- Commitment to social justice principles, access and equity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click the 'apply' button to forward your CV and letter of application addressing the essential criteria 1 to 5 listed above by COB Thursday 18th March 2021. Please note applications will not be progressed if they do not address the specified essential criteria. Please visit www.woodville.org.au/careers-jobs for more information or call Tishia Boulton-Bell – HR Assistant on 02 9722 5213.
Please quote in application: WHS and Quality Coordinator - 12 month fixed term via Pro Bono Australia.