About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full-time Maximum Term position until 30 June 2022
- Based in Horsham
About the opportunity
The Youth Engagement & Community Development Coordinator will provide expertise and leadership in community participation, including community/consumer engagement, planning and evaluation across the organisation in relation to Headspace Horsham. The incumbent will lead the development, implementation and evaluation of the community engagement and awareness activities, and specifically the youth component of the Headspace Horsham initiatives.
The Headspace Horsham Youth Engagement & Community Development Coordinator is an integral part of the youth mental health services in the Wimmera region and will help to engage young people across a broad age spectrum (12 to 25) providing where appropriate age specific engagement activities.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in the social sciences, community development or a related field, which focus on community development, or substantial relevant experience in a similar field.
- Experience event management, marketing & media experience.
- A broad understanding of and commitment to the programs of Uniting.
- An understanding in Youth Mental Health.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today by submitting the following as a part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outling the suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday, 14 April 2021
Get in touch
For more information regarding the role, please contact Liz Rowe, Manager Headspace on firstname.lastname@example.org
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Engagement & Community Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.