About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, highly organised, team-focused Account Manager to manage a portfolio of corporate brand partners (clients), managing those partners’ recycling programs.
Primary responsibilities include working with TerraCycle’s internal marketing, PR, operations and shopper marketing teams to make our clients’ national recycling programs successfully. The position reports directly to Australia and New Zealand’s Head of Brand Partnerships.
Other responsibilities will include both client relations and project management, and the successful applicant will be trained and have demonstrated success in both areas previously. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in sustainability, marketing and corporate business strategy, and brand management. While this is not a sales role, some experience with business development and/or sales will be looked upon favourably.
Please note: this is a maternity leave position with a limited contract.
- Work directly with TerraCycle’s PR, Digital & Shopper Marketing, Operations, and Legal teams to ensure execution of all contractual obligations, and drive program growth
- Coordinate with brand partners and TerraCycle internal teams to launch recycling programs, and establish and execute activation strategies and plans for existing programs
- Prepare presentations for internal and external working sessions and program reviews, including analysis of program results and campaigns, ensuring delivered projects are meeting client requirements and expectations.
- Build and maintain project files and schedules for internal and external projects
- Ensure consistency, quality, and timeliness of deliverables for assigned accounts.
- Manage and negotiate program contracts and budgets
- Develop knowledge and expertise of clients’ business, industry, competitors, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications
- 1-3 years of experience in Account Management and/or Brand Management
- Track record of success in strategic capacities such as brand and project management
- The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Strong experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, and Google Suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships quickly, and be sensitive to clients’ expressed and unexpressed needs
- Comfortable presenting to senior management
- A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
- High energy, positive entrepreneur and fun team player who can collaborate cross-functionally
- Salary reliant on experience level; please provide salary expectations in application to role
- Based in Sydney (Redfern)
- Immediate start preferred
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
About the organisation
At TerraCycle, our mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. As a global innovator in the circular economy, our specialities lie in recycling hard-to-recycle materials. Our programs collect and recycle for almost any waste stream such as, babies nappies, cigarette butts and gum, which we then turn waste into new products, like the world's first shampoo bottle made with beach plastic!
As a social enterprise, we drive positive change by partnering with some of the world’s largest corporations to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. This has seen us engage over 80 million consumers, to raise $44 million for charities and recycle over 1 million pounds of waste. In 2019, TerraCycle was one of Fortune Magazine’s “Top 10 Companies to change the world”.
About the Team
You will share TerraCycle’s mission to make waste a thing of the past. You’ll be joining a thriving, purpose-driven team in our waste-free, Sydney office. You’ll be an advocate and agent for change, who can work autonomously, while also collaborating with a tight-knit team of passionate eco-warriors.
More recently, we launched the zero-waste retail platform “Loop”, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging. Loop will be launched in Australia in partnership with Woolworths in Q4 2021-Q1 2022.
How to apply
Please click the link to apply.
Please quote in application: Account Manager via Pro Bono Australia.