About the role
A key focus for UNSW Philanthropy in 2021 is the re-building of UNSW’s Annual Giving Program. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this opportunity is to lead the development of a best-practice program of annual giving focussed on engagement, donor acquisition and securing recurring gifts from UNSW alumni, staff and the community.
With the broad support and mandate of the divisional leadership team for innovation and data-driven decision making, you will collaborate with key faculty stakeholders to gain consensus on programs to increase the number of donors, and the amount raised.
Skills and Experience
You have a proven track record of delivering successful annual giving or large-scale community appeal programs, as well as:
- Ability to design an annual giving program and reach engagement and fundraising targets
- Experience producing annual giving appeal/campaign via digital engagement and solicitation
- Ability to manage logistics related to annual fund campaigns and/or appeals.
- Success in tracking and analysing key annual giving metrics and translating information into measurable outcomes and program improvements.
- Knowledge of best practice data segmentation of the 400,000 record CRM for targeted appeals
- High level critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to distil complex information.
- Ability to produce high quality written content for annual giving appeals, fundraising collateral, and other materials.
- Experience working with donor services and data teams to ensure all gifts are processes and acknowledged.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with proven ability to negotiate and influence as a means of obtaining desired outcomes.
- High-level organisational skills and proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and sensitively with colleagues across a range of teams and engage with stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
About the organisation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the UNSW 2025 Strategy. Supported by the UNSW Board, Senior Leadership, and our newly appointed Chief Development Officer, the Development team has raised $339 million toward a campaign goal of $650 million.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Annual Giving Manager via Pro Bono Australia.