About the role
Compassion Australia has set an ambitious three-year strategy, to respond to the challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought to those living in poverty. Working for Compassion Australia is more than just doing a job, you’ll be using your passion and skills to support children living in poverty all over the world.
About the Role
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for day to day accounting tasks and working closely with the financial accountant to ensure transactions are accounted for correctly, reconciled and reported, and are in line with statutory and organisational obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assistance in design of financial reports and developing procedures for accounting processes
- Assistance in production of statutory financial statements
- Daily bank and credit card reconciliations
- End of Month reconciliations and overview of balance sheet accounts, including Fixed Asset Register, Payroll liabilities and bank and cash accounts
- Liaison and reporting to ATO regarding BAS obligations, FBT and DGR compliance
- Bank and credit card facility management including liaison with bank and third-party representatives
- Various reporting and administration activities supporting the finance team
- Management of payment gateways including work-place giving and fundraising third parties
- Problem solving supporter’s and other organisational financial queries
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with the external audit and developing the internal control audit process
We are looking for a demonstrated team player with at least 1 year public practice experience as an accounting trainee or intermediate or at least 1 year experience in commercial accounting environment. This is a busy role with competing priorities and deadlines, therefore the ability to prioritise your day, multitask and work under pressure is essential. Additional study support is available as part of this role.
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference.
We want to hear from you! If you would like to be considered for this position, please download the information pack and submit your application. To take the first step in this exciting journey, click on “Apply Now”. Applications close 18th May 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our People and Culture Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Assistant Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.