About the role
An exciting opportunity to become a valued member of an organisation making a real and positive difference in the community. Placed within the CEO’s office, this newly created part-time role will support the governance operations of the agency and coordinate the secretariat function of the Board and Board sub-committees.
Reporting to the CEO, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the planning, governance and administration processes related to the Board and Board sub-committees including preparing and distributing meeting papers and
- Acting as the central liaison for the Board Chair, the Board and Board sub-committees, both internally and externally, ensuring positive, collaborative and effective relationships.
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining efficient governance and administrative systems, processes and frameworks for the governing bodies to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with best
- Assisting with the capability development of the Board by arranging, developing and maintaining programs of induction, recruitment and training for Board and Board sub-committee
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous board/committee secretarial experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- First class organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to foster communication at a board/committee level.
- A down to earth and collaborative working style.
Critical to your success in this role will be your ability to advise the Board and its sub-committees on governance matters and to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of ASIC & ACNC requirements in relation to organisational governance.
About the organisation
Anglicare Victoria (AV) is one of the state’s largest child, youth and family welfare organisations and is single-minded in its mission to create positive change for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community.
Each year the organisation provides residential, foster or kinship care for over 1,000 Victorian children and works with thousands of families to address need and empower them to build better futures via services such as financial counselling, emergency relief, parenting skills and men’s behavioural change.
As a nation leader in innovation, it has been recognised for a series of pioneering initiatives such as COMPASS Leaving Care, Rapid Response and The Home Stretch.
AV strives to create an environment where employees feel valued and rewarded and actively fosters its values of fairness, equality, diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board Governance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.