About the role
BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) Community Manager
- 20 hours a week, flexible, work from home
- 12 mth fixed term
- Newly created position
- Report directly to the Board
Do you want to lead the dedicated team at BPD Community? Join us at the start of something big and exciting.
About the role and its power:
The BPD Community Sustainability Project is employing a BPD Community Manager and a Fundraising Manager to launch the sustainability of the organisation. As BPD Community Manager, your role is to lead the organisation and the team into the future.
Your tasks would include managing and developing all aspects of BPD Community both organisationally and programmatically. To date our team of currently 13 volunteers run the organisation and implement its programs, we are keen to continue in the areas we work to develop our programs and our reach.
Organisationally you would manage: the volunteer and HR program, the stakeholder stewardship and strategic relationships program, marketing and PR; and provide support to the Board and committees through the Chairperson.
Programmatically you would oversee the current programs, those that lapsed during COVID and support the exploration of new initiatives.
You will have the personal qualities to lead a dynamic, innovative and creative organisation. Lived experience of BPD (consumer or carer) is desirable. Commitment to BPD Community’s values and strategic plan is essential.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Degree in social work, psychology, business or other relevant fields and sound leadership experience in community services
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage a successful organisation that meets strategic, operational and financial targets.
- Demonstrates superior oral and written communication skills at all levels including influencing, networking and negotiation skills.
- Proven experience in successful financial management and meeting financial targets.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully encourage a collaborative, inclusive team, a focussed and accountable workplace.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively lead, manage, motivate a diverse team of reporting staff.
- The ability to work safely and effectively from home.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in working with and developing strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including all levels of govt, community based mental health and Wellbeing organisations, clinical services, other NGO’s and research institutions.
- Strong IT skills including familiarity with Office 365 and social media.
About the organisation
BPD Community is the Victorian grassroots, peer led and independent not for profit for people with lived experience of Borderline Personality Disorder, both consumers and carers. We welcome also people who work in the mental health and wellbeing sector and those who support our mission and values.
BPD Community doesn’t waste time getting things done. Our theory of change guides us and our model of recovery upholds our work. We have developed a flexible response to filling the gaps in the system: we are dynamic and dedicated. Our first five years have been dedicated to creating strong foundations on which to build.
We are a diverse community and our organisation reflects that, we care about our people. As a start-up we are a close knit, hands on group. And, we are organised, ready and keen to change the world.
BPD Community is ready to launch ourselves to the next level, do you want to join us?
How to apply
Submit an expression of interest addressing the criteria with your CV to email@example.com
Please quote in application: BPD Community Manager via Pro Bono Australia.