About the role
Location: Remote, work from home
Hours: 10 – 15 hours per week, flexible, between 9am – 5pm AEST, Monday to Friday. An initial 3 month contract with potential to expand.
Our clients tell us that our work is exactly what they’ve been looking for.
We want to make that search easier.
Are you our new Business Development Manager? You’ll bring Top Five’s services to the attention of the right people in the right organisations.
You love connecting with people and finding leads more than you love Tim Tams. You don’t like to hide behind a screen. You can’t get enough of talking to other people on the phone and know how to make real connections quickly.
By generating leads and booking work, you’ll play a fundamental role in helping us achieve our goals of building the resilience and change mindset of people in generous roles (think frontline employees, community leaders and leaders in businesses who care about the wellbeing of their teams as much as the results). You’ll be helping to increase their resilience and impact in the world.
We know our keynotes, workshops and coaching work because we have a 91% rebooking rate. Once we are booked for that first workshop or speech with a client, 91% of the time it leads to further work with that organisation or referrals to other organisations.
Our goal is to introduce this work to generous leaders and their teams, disrupt current thinking, change cultures, and allow them to get the work that matters done.
It’s your job to open the door to and make new bookings.
Who are you?
We’re looking for a culture add, not a culture fit and we daydream about how you are as a human:
- Highly motivated and confident, but not in-your-face salesy
- Friendly and charming, but naturally assertive
- Genuine and authentic, but understands our core purpose
- Joyful and optimistic, but not woo woo
- Empathetic and active listener, but efficient and focused
- Organised and accurate, but adaptable
- Able to prioritise and excellent time management, but flexible and responsive to the needs of others
- Self-starter and autonomous, but loves being part of a team
- Able to work across multiple opportunities at once without losing focus
- A hunger for setting, achieving and exceeding goals
This is not a beginner’s role. You bring experience in building relationships and results.
Where will you work?
This role is 100% virtual so you need to have the ability to work from home and have reliable phone and wifi.
Your key priority is winning new clients and booking that first workshop, speech or program with an organisation. You’ll do this through a mix of:
- Develop and implement strategic sales strategies to maximize winning new business.
- Monitoring customer needs, competitor activity and market dynamics.
- Share market feedback, marketing ideas and other recommendations with the Top Five team.
2. Finding Clients
- Conduct market research and identify new business opportunities and partners.
- Research and compiling lists of prospective clients.
- Identify new industry or market segments and develop relationships to convert into new business.
3. Engaging with Clients
- Wow our clients + build rapport with your outstanding communication skills.
- Not hiding behind a screen and not afraid to pick up the phone to contact new leads or to generate new opportunities with existing leads/clients.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail when following-up with leads, cold calling, meetings, presentation and keeping our client relationship systems up to date.
4. Winning New Work
- Solve client problems by upselling and cross-selling solutions.
- Customising proposal templates.
- Fee negotiation and closure.
You’ll be paid an hourly rate + a commission on new business you win.
You’ll have a sliding scale of commission (eg if you book work on your own you’ll receive a higher commission, if you secure meetings with new clients and other Top Five team members are involved in closing the sale, you’ll receive a lower commission).
About the organisation
At Top Five Movement we think negative thinking is boring. But telling folks to “be positive” doesn’t work either. All it inspires is a collective eye-roll. So we’ve flipped the script on mindset + resilience training.
They don’t call us the most refreshing take on mindset, resilience, leadership and productivity for nothing. As a team of award-winning mindset coaches, we highlight the choice, dismiss the idea of fluffy positive thinking, and get practical. At Top Five we help develop new perspectives, raise the bar on solutions, and help teams take better care of each other along the way.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.