About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Based at Narre Warren
About the opportunity
The Reconnect Program is an early intervention service that supports vulnerable young people and families to prevent the cycle of homelessness and address their experiences of family conflict. The program aims to improve young people’s housing stability, family connectedness and engagement with employment, education, training and other activity in their local community.
The Case Worker will support young people and their families to sustain their living situation through a range of intervention strategies including; case management, outreach, group work, mediation and counselling. The role will advocate for young people and families with complex needs, and facilitate their access to appropriate support services.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a degree qualification in Social Work, Youth Work or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Previous experience delivering counselling, outreach or mediation support to young people and/or families
- Demonstrated experience in successfully engaging young people and/or families
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement appropriate interventions which strengthen family decision-making and relationships
- Proven ability work collaboratively with other agencies and services to achieve optimal outcomes for clients
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume
You will also be asked to address key selection criteria questions on the application form.
Applications close Wednesday 14 April 2021
Get in touch
Christina McInnes – Team Leader, Family Preservation & Reunification
Jane Gray – Manager, Family Preservation & Reunification
T: 03 9704 8377
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Reconnect Program via Pro Bono Australia.