About the role
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Industry: Senior Appointments
Salary: AU$225000 – AU$250000 per annum
This is your opportunity to join and lead a highly respected, well-known community based non-for-profit servicing ACT and southern and western regional areas of NSW. Experiencing significant growth over the past 5 years, Marymead is looking to continue this trajectory, potentially adding new lines of fee for service work, whilst providing the highest level of support and care to the community.
- Diverse and growing portfolio of services
- Excellent brand with deep roots in the Canberra community
- Make a real impact and difference in the lives of children, young people and families.
The successful applicant will lead an integrated organisation of multi-disciplinary professionals, offering services in accommodation, out of home care, family and relationship services, skills development and community engagement.
- Reporting to the Board Chair, you will lead a management team of 13 with 4 direct reports
- You will be managing and growing an annual budget of $20m
- Support the growth, development and engagement of 190 staff
- Represent the interests of Marymead to parliamentarians, senior government officials and the wider community.
Your Background and Experience
You will be an experienced and visionary leader with previous CEO experience or strong leadership experience and the potential to lead an organisation of Marymead’s size and range of services. You will be comfortable in being the ambassador and public face of Marymead for campaigns, media responses whilst building relationships across government agencies/funders, business, politics and the community sector.
You will also be adept at striking the balance between team leadership with stakeholder engagement and advocacy. You will have lead high performing teams in your previous roles and be known for being both a strategic leader and someone who engages, develops and fosters strong relationships with all members of the team.
You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. business management, health, or social work) or substantial (demonstrated) equivalent experience
- Successfully lead an organisation through major change
- Demonstrable experience in planning and delivery of diverse community services, community advocacy, building community partnerships and influencing and/or developing government policy
- A strong background in governance, compliance and risk management and supporting the Board in its governance role
- Experience as a commercial leader with an appetite for innovation
- A record of building a positive organisational culture in a service delivery organisation.
Salary / Rate
- $225 – $250k inclusive package
- Free car parking
- Permanent position
About the organisation
Marymead is a purpose-driven agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn and provides not-for-profit community-based child, youth and family services for those in need. It has been operating in Canberra and surrounding NSW regions since 1967, delivering specialist, early intervention, clinical therapeutic services and support programs and services. Marymead also operates 84 independent living units in the Azure Village in Narrabundah. Marymead is governed by an independent skills-based board to which the CEO is accountable.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
As part of your application please submit a one-page cover letter addressing your suitability for the role. Your resume and cover letter are requested in Word version.
Applications close as of midnight Sunday 18th April.
Should you wish to have a confidential discussion about the role please call Andy Batstone on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 13340.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.