About the role
- Prominent Indigenous Community Services organisation
- Provide a high level of leadership
- Lead a growing and robust organisation
- Quality, education, health, and sector advocacy focus
The successful candidate will lead the organisation through the next phase of growth including a major infrastructure development project. The CEO will engage and advocate regularly with both State and Federal governments to enable growth and secure ongoing support for critical programs and initiatives.
The CEO is accountable to the Board and is responsible for the delivery of the strategic plan.
The role is supported by a strong management and service delivery team and will be responsible for building internal capacity to deliver and grow health and wellbeing services to the surrounding Community.
This hands-on role provides community connection, oversight of program delivery and is well suited to a person with the following skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector particularly in Community Health and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services sectors.
- Ability to deliver and grow strategic initiatives which will enhance the organisations’ ability to implement successful programs.
- Experience collaborating with and advocating with State and Federal governments.
- Business skills to manage and ensure performance against strategic goals.
- Demonstrated experience working in a senior operational leadership role.
- Enthusiasm and drive to engage staff and the wider Community.
- Passion for supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community.
- Knowledge of the cultural, social and economic needs of Aboriginal people;
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues that affect Aboriginal communities, societies and cultures in VIC, specifically Melbourne’s Outer East.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly recommended to apply
About the organisation
Oonah Health and Community Services Aboriginal Corporation exists to establish a welcoming and culturally affirming place in Healesville that provides a central point of contact for Community members, both Indigenous and non-Indigenous, for information, services and programs that are focused on building a healthy, strong and skilled Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community recognising the diversity in Melbourne’s Outer East.
How to apply
Position queries contact: Jenine Goodwin Thompson, Chair 0476 077 645
To apply email your current CV together with a letter of application detailing your experience relevant to the deliverables documented in the Position Description to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.