About the role
The Children’s Specialist Case Manager position sits within the Bright Futures Program which is auspiced by Merri Outreach Support Service. Bright Futures targets vulnerable children from families living in the DHHS North and West Metropolitan Regions of Melbourne who have been impacted by homelessness and/or family violence.
Bright Futures is delivered by a team of four workers – Program Manager, two Children’s Specialist Case Managers and one Children’s Specialist Group Worker/Case Manager based at the Broadmeadows office. The service model involves collaborative work with other agencies and referring workers. Co-case management and occasional shared co-facilitation of groups is a feature of the program.
The Bright Futures program involves 3 streams of service delivery:
- Assessment and Development of a Case Plan
- Enhanced Case Management
- Therapeutic Group Work
The Children’s Specialist Case Manager’s role focuses on delivery of Streams 1 and 2 which include being involved in; secondary consultations, managing referrals, completing assessments, case planning and the case management of the children being supported by Bright Futures.
The Case Management Stream provides:
– Intensive support focused on educational, social, recreational, emotional and health needs.
– Identification and linkages to appropriate services.
– Supporting positive peer interaction with peers and family.
– Advocacy on the rights of children and young people to access services within their community.
– Individual support with children around case plan goals, utilising modalities such as play-based, narrative and creative arts.
In addition, the Children’s Specialist Case Managers may at times provide support in co-facilitating Bright Futures group work. The promotion of Bright Futures to the Homelessness Service System and Family Violence sectors across the region will also be important.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Children’s Specialist Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.