About the role
Communication and Advocacy officer
A typical day can involve interviewing people, researching, writing for different mediums, adapting content, relationship management, liaising with different stakeholders, media relations, brand management, and developing communication plans. You will be a key contributor to the success of sharing ‘Our Story’, as well as the success of our advocacy strategy.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Media and communications experience and excellent communication and writing skills.
- You will be an outcome-focused individual, both in a collaborative team environment and when working autonomously.
- Your strong personal alignment to the Sacred Heart Mission values and your commitment to social justice and social inclusion will be key to your effectiveness in the role.
- You will be motivated to proactively and innovatively convey the Sacred Heart Mission “story” and you will possess the ability to engage and empower others to do the same.
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Being a part of a well-established, successful and highly engaged team
- Really putting your communication and advocacy skills to good use
- Making a positive difference for the people we support and the wider community
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 7th May, 2021
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a NDIS Worker Screening check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
About the organisation
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communication and Advocacy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.