About the role
CMY seeks a Communications and Marketing Manager to lead the Communications portfolio teams as a shared services model. The role will develop, implement and evaluate the organisational communications and marketing strategy; drive growth in awareness, engagement and performance across marketing, social media channels and communication; identify and foster media relationships and political stakeholder opportunities; and manage, supervise, coach and support the Communications team members. This role reports to the Executive Manager of People & Culture.
- Hours: 38 hours per week, Full Time (0.8 – 1.0 FTE negotiable)
- Fixed Term: until June 2022
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 7) : $97,812 per annum, plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work from home)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Thursday 22 April 2021
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 26 April 2021
You will have
- The ability to lead the development, implementation and evaluation of CMY communications and marketing strategy in line with organisational Strategic Plan
- The proven ability to consult and collaborate across an organisation with highly developed relationship management and influencing skills
- Demonstrated exceptional writing skills and capacity to write for diverse audiences including philanthropic and corporate funding partners, government decision makers and young people.
- Agile project management skills
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage a high-performing small team.
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply
- Provide a cover letter
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Provide a document addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description
- Email the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: <insert your name> CMY54
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Please quote in application: Communications and Marketing Manager (CMY54) via Pro Bono Australia.