About the role
At B Lab Australia & Aotearoa New Zealand
Melbourne, VIC | Reports to CEO
- Full-time (1 FTE)
- Fixed term contract – 12 months
- Salary range: $75k-$85k ex super
- Based in Melbourne, VIC with combined work from home and office work available (CBD location)
B Lab is the not-for-profit organisation behind Certified B Corporations — or B Corps. They working to transform the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. A leader in economic systems change, the global network creates standards, policies, and tools for business, and certify companies who are leading the way. To date, the community includes over 3,900 B Corps in 74 countries and 150 industries, and more than 100,000 companies manage their impact with the B Impact Assessment.
The team in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand is small and nimble, but a part of a large global network and an even larger movement. They work with the fast-growing community of Certified B Corporations in our region.
The Communications Coordinator is a newly created role in the team. In this role, you will be accountable for preparing and executing the communications campaigns, finding stories in the B Corp community, and collaborating across the team on projects. The communications campaigns and channels have three broad objectives:
- Building awareness of the B Corp certification and impact management platforms within the wider business community;
- Engaging businesses using B Lab’s platforms to encourage them to pursue performance improvements, and apply for certification; and
- Engaging the community of B Corps to encourage them to collaborate, participate in collective action, and get involved with various programs and projects B Lab run.
You will use Salesforce and Pardot to manage contact lists and create ad hoc and automated email campaigns, and publish content on the website and social media channels.
While you’re delivering communications, you’ll also help rethink the approach together with the Community Manager and CEO. Over the 12-month period, you will deliver campaigns while also finding best practice across the Global network of B Lab organisations, creating new strategies for how they communicate on various channels, and providing input into the overall communications strategy.
A typical week for you might look like:
- Writing engaging content about workers and wellbeing for the B Corp newsletter
- Building a webpage using our templates to help B Corps find best practices for justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
- Working in Salesforce/Pardot to segment our audience for tailored email campaigns
- Trialling a new approach to LinkedIn posts to drive more engagement
- Writing a blog about a B Corp’s recent initiative to eliminate waste in the office
- Preparing a report with insights on how a recent campaign performed on social media
- Collaborating with B Lab’s global network to find best practices for managing contacts
- Working with external providers such as marketing / design agencies
Who are you?
You are looking for a chance to drive some change whilst using your skills to deliver quality communications. You are an experienced professional with a track record of communicating with a wide range of audiences across different web, email, and social channels. You have successfully created change in an organisation and enjoy finding new solutions to old problems. You love the written word and can deliver on a brief. You care about consistency, detail, and keeping on top of deadlines. You know how to prioritise and work with multiple stakeholders.
You want to create impact with your work and help inspire businesses to be better for their people and the planet. You want to work with a team of passionate people and have fun doing it.
The tools they use
B Lab’s work is in Slack, Asana, Google Suite (Docs, Slides, and Sheets), Salesforce, Pardot, Canva, Wix, and Xero. Experience with CRMs and email marketing platforms is strongly preferred, and a demonstrated ability to learn new tools is great too.
The way B Lab works
Their office is based in Melbourne’s CBD, but work remotely and flexibly when needed. This means you are able to work from home for part of each week, and can accommodate some time-shifting practices to accommodate other responsibilities.
The small team connects with regular virtual meetings, including the occasional call with peers overseas (which may be outside standard business hours). They work with a global network to share best practices and work on projects, and work with a passionate community of businesses here in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand. Some interstate travel may be needed, but this will not be frequent.
Justice, equity, diversity & inclusion
B Lab Australia & Aotearoa New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. They do not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, gender identity, cultural identity, age, marital or veteran status, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal or state law. They encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide an accessible recruitment process and supportive workplace.
About the organisation
Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.