About the role
We are looking for a detail-oriented and focused Volunteer Coordinator to be responsible for our one-to-one companionship and friendship volunteer program. As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will be responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills. If you possess excellent organisational skills and have the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds we welcome your application.
This is a part-time position at 4 days per week, fixed term to June 2022.
The position can be performed with a combination of working from home and working in our main office in Maidstone.
In this role, you’ll be working across a range of tasks including:
- Assessing clients for the appropriate volunteer program
- Recruiting, selecting, inducting, training and supervising volunteers
- Matching volunteers with clients
- Preparing care plans when required
- Maintaining clients and volunteers files on an ongoing basis
- Monitoring My Aged Care portal for referrals and actioning them
- Collecting and submitting statistics for internal and departmental requirements
- Preparing monthly reports
- Developing strong networks with relevant organisations that result in referrals for the program
- Promoting all AMCS programs
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Experience in working with older people and people with disabilities and carers
- Experience in recruitment, induction, supervision and coordination of volunteers
- Strong knowledge of social support and other relevant services
- Computer and report writing skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative and enthusiastic, with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Current Victorian driver’s license
Proficiency in a second language (Eastern European preferable) is required.
All applicants must consent to complete a national criminal record check.
What’s on offer:
- A role with purpose
- Great organisational culture with a diverse and inclusive team
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression
- NFP salary packaging benefits
Please note that we are reviewing candidates upon application. Apply now and don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity!
About the organisation
Australian Multicultural Community Services (AMCS) is an NFP organisation established by a group of visionary community leaders who were concerned about migrant welfare and wanted to ensure that non-English speaking migrants had the same access to needed services and opportunities. Fast forward 35 years and we’re proud to have continued implementing our founding members’ initial vision. Our extensive services cover every aspect of wrap-around supports as needed to keep our clients safe, connected with their communities and comfortable at home as much as possible during their senior years.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coordinator of Volunteering Programs via Pro Bono Australia.