About the role
Position: DES Consultant
Location: Fairfield, New South Wales, Australia
Industry: Not for Profit and Charities
- Based in Fairfield
- Permanent position, working full time hours, 35 hours per week.
- SCHCADS Award Level 3
The focus of this role is to assess the needs of clients with a permanent disability, injury or health condition and provide a broad range of services to assist them to gain and maintain sustainable employment.
- Identifying suitable employment Pathways in collaboration with the client, identifying a strategy for addressing challenges and barriers to employment as agreed with the participant, performing a Skill Gap analysis and regular communication with clients in both pre- and post-placement phases
- Process the different agreements like Wage Subsidy Agreement, Relocation Agreements etc. Conduct Risk Assessments and other necessary checks before placing clients in various activities.
- Providing pre-employment support including resume development and job search assistance, interview support, referrals to education, training and certification opportunities, and referrals to work placement and experience programs.
- Deliver Disability Employment Service according contractual obligations, policies, procedure, guidelines and National Disability Standards. Promote DES services and raise disability awareness and inclusion.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferably in the disability employment services
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Resilient attitude and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A valid driver’s license and car
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
Meaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: DES Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.