About the role
Position Type: Full Time (with option of part-time)
The Digital Campaigner is responsible for managing the strategy and implementation of ActionAid Australia’s campaigns across digital channels, including growing the number of people taking action, fundraising, and designing supporter journeys that provide the opportunity to deepen engagement and have real impact. The Digital Campaigner will also support the Community Organising program through the management of activist network data.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Grow the number of people taking action with us online and increase their engagement and action rates, with a current focus on corporate campaigns.
- Grow the number of people donating to ActionAid campaigns via digital channels.
- Produce high quality content to reach new audiences and increase engagement with our campaigns online, especially across social media.
- Coordinate the ActionAid database with hub members, including tracking and reporting on key metrics, ensuring the health of our data and assisting the integration of data from the community organising program.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- A commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission and values.
- Positive, inspiring and outcomes focused approach.
- Experience with digital strategy and campaigning.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce creative and engaging content.
- Experience managing data, ideally using a campaign database like NationBuilder or ActionNetwork (we use ActionNetwork).
- Experience working with fundraising platforms (eg Raisely, Raisers Edge, or other)
- A track record of successful project management.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- A track record of working with volunteers.
- Passion and commitment to global justice, women’s rights, empowerment and social change.
- A high degree of initiative and self-drive.
- Corporate campaigning experience.
About the organisation
ActionAid Australia is a women’s rights organisation, working to advance the rights of women living in poverty in communities around the world. ActionAid works in more than 45 countries.
For more information, please visit our website at https://actionaid.org.au.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the skills and competencies listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 5pm on Monday 26 April 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer, and is always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa or be eligible to apply for one. Secondment from other ActionAid offices will be considered.
Please quote in application: Digital Campaigner via Pro Bono Australia.