About the role
Aboriginal Housing Victoria (AHV) is an Aboriginal community organisation responsible for managing more than 1,500 rental properties for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people living in Victoria. AHV’s vision is to ensure that Aboriginal Victorians secure appropriate, affordable housing as a pathway to better lives and stronger communities.
AHV is the largest Aboriginal Registered Housing Agency in Australia and the lead agency for Victoria’s Aboriginal housing and homelessness policy, Mana-na worn-tyeen maar-takoort.
The Aboriginal Housing Services Division delivers services targeted to those most in need of support, and programs that contribute to all Aboriginal Victorians achieving quality housing outcomes in a generation.
Benefits and Culture
- Competitive salary with generous salary packaging
- Additional paid leave over Christmas, New Year and NAIDOC Week
- Genuine support and commitment to staff professional development
- Respectful, values driven, culturally sensitive work environment
Reporting to the CEO, you will be part of a dynamic executive leadership team, contributing to key strategic projects, change management processes and continuous improvement during a time of exciting reform and unprecedented levels of government investment.
You’ll provide overall leadership to the teams who manage a large tenancy portfolio and deliver client services, whilst developing and nurturing relationships with Aboriginal Community, government and housing industry stakeholders to ensure the delivery of quality housing programs including:
- Culturally appropriate, consistently managed and sustained tenancies
- Targeted client services including access to complex services and support
- Compliance with key funding agreements and relevant legislation
- Best practice risk management and quality assurance
You are a dynamic leader, identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and have operational and strategic management experience working as a key member of an executive team.
Your previous experience includes overseeing the delivery of high quality services or programs within the housing sector, Aboriginal community organisations or government. Additionally you demonstrate:
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff
- Capacity to be a change manager driving continuous improvement
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Risk management and quality focus
- Understanding of the diversity of circumstances and the issues affecting Aboriginal people
If you’re motivated to enable affordable, appropriate housing for all Aboriginal Victorians, please click apply and forward your resume together with a cover letter responding to the skills required section above. Alternatively, please call Louise Furlong on 02 8243 0570 if you have any specific questions.
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Director Aboriginal Housing Services via Pro Bono Australia.