About the role
As one of our newest Employment Consultants you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. We will support and guide you to empower individuals in the community to find rewarding work and break down any barriers to employment that they may face.
We are seeking the input of a career-minded person who likes a challenge, is self-motivated, and has good business acumen. Expression Employment prides itself on maintaining a supportive and fun work culture, whilst acknowledging the valued work that we do in assisting people with barriers into worthwhile employment.
If you are looking for rewarding work with a fun, close-knit team who are passionate about what they do, and are a goal oriented individual who is committed to making a difference, we would like to hear from you!
- Provide employment support and advice to a caseload of job seekers who experience barriers to employment
- Develop effective employer partnerships and actively promote diversity in the workplace
- Create sustainable employment opportunities for our job seekers
- Provide on-the-job training and ongoing support to both employers and job seekers
- DES experience is preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of the LGBTIQA+ community is preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health or transferable field preferred
- Commitment and passion for improving the lives of others
- Excellent administration, computer and time management skills
- Auslan skills will be highly regarded however we will provide Auslan training for the right person
IN ADDITION TO REWARDING WORK, WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-time role
- Auslan training
- A competitive salary including salary sacrificing to increase your take home pay
- Generous conditions and a focus on work life balance
- A positive and engaging work environment with ongoing support and training
- Being part of something bigger – we are a department of Expression Australia, a progressive, iconic community organisation established in 1884
For a full description of this role, including outcomes and performance indicators, please see the attached Position Description and our website: www.expression.com.au/jobs.
Please note: As an NDIS provider, Expression Australia is required to conduct compliance checks including Police Check & a NDIS Worker Screening checks against the preferred candidate before the candidate’s employment being confirmed i.e. before a contract of employment is provided.
Outcomes of compliance checks do not automatically bar disqualify candidates from a position however a risk assessment will need to be taken against the inherent requirements of the job.
About the organisation
Expression Australia, formerly known as Vicdeaf/Tasdeaf, is a progressive not-for-profit organisation with a vision for access, inclusion and equal opportunity. Established in 1884, we are a leader in providing services to people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or who experience barriers to participation.
How to apply
To apply please email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: firstname.lastname@example.org - using the subject line: [Your name] – Employment Consultant - LGBTIQA+
Applications without a cover letter specific to this position will not be considered.
Applications Close: 5pm Friday 16th April 2021.
Please quote in application: Employment Consultant – LGBTIQA+ via Pro Bono Australia.