About the role
Position: Employment Facilitator
Location: Liverpool, New South Wales, Australia
Industry: Not for Profit and Charities
- Full Time role based in Liverpool with WFH option!
- SCHCADS Award Level 3
- Full Time-Fixed Term contract until 30 June 2022
About Employment & Enterprises
SSI Employment and Enterprises provides recruitment services, pre-employment planning and training, and work experience opportunities to help people establish suitable career pathways.
M eaningful employment is an important component to a stable, secure and independent future. SSI works with long-term unemployed, newly arrived refugees, people seeking asylum, migrants, young people and people with disability to achieve this.
About the Role
The Employment Facilitator will work within the RESP team, working with RESP clients to support them to develop their employability and improve their ability to find employment.
The Employment Facilitator will work directly with refugee and asylum seeker clients to provide individualised employment support, and will work closely with other team members and service providers to provide clients with access to a range of employment support activities. They will be responsible for achieving employment-related outcomes and targets with the client group. They will work closely with the Refugee Employment Manager, team leaders, and the wider employment team and other teams across SSI .
- Work directly with clients to assist them with moving through an individualised employment pathway plan and engage in various employment support activities.
- Independently manage a client caseload and manage workflow to achieve key targets and KPIs for this client caseload.
- Work collaboratively with the team to support clients to access a range of internal employment support activities, as well external service providers where appropriate.
- Work closely with BDM team to refer suitable clients to job vacancies.
- Report back to the Refugee Employment Manager and work collaboratively with the wider Employment and Enterprise team, and the wider organisation.
- Engage with best practise research and learning around refugee employment, build networks with related organisations and represent SSI at appropriate refugee employment events and conferences.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with clients from diverse and vulnerable backgrounds.
- Experience providing employment or career advice, or working in the recruitment or employment sectors
- Experience working with employers, training, and education organisations.
- Experience working with refugee clients, preferably in refugee employment.
- Knowledge of the issues and barriers in refugee employment in Australia.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org o r call Vimla Khooblall on 0410 801 184
Please quote in application: Employment Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.