About the role
- Based in Melbourne with flexible working options
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
- Full Time- Permanent Role
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Executive Assistant will provide high quality executive and administrative services to support the State Director Victoria, in addition to meeting and liaising with direct reports in the performance of their role an d required participation. .
Ideally you would be a passionate Executive Assistant with a minimum 5 years’ experience in working directly with senior management and tertiary qualifications in business administration or a related discipline. Your experience within a community sector organisation would be highly desirable although not essential. We welcome a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. Your highly developed interpersonal and strong stakeholder management skills will see you succeed in this role along with your ability to be organised and structured.
Your main duties would include:
- Anticipate, organise and coordinate work flow through email and diary management for the Director, prepare and manage all correspondence, meetings, take minutes at key meetings and liaise with all SSI offices and staff;
- Assist the Director in implementing new initiatives and projects;
- Attend meetings and work in progress reviews tracking items requiring action by the Director, manage and execute those items on behalf of the Director as appropriate;
- Arrange and support travel, accommodation, expenses, filing and all administration duties for the Director. Coordinate travel arrangements for division and other staff as required through the booking system;
- Process expenses and accounts payable requests for the division, in addition to having a grasp of Excel and spreadsheets for budget and monthly expenditure reviews;
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, including steering groups, committees and off site events and other events as required;
- Collate relevant papers and materials, prepare high level PowerPoint presentations per SSI guidelines, and undertake research to support meetings and public engagements;
- Attend events, undertake general administrative functions and provide ad-hoc support to the Director and their senior team as required;
- Participate in SSI’s performance management program including regular performance reviews and work in accordance with an individual work plan. In addition, coordinate and encourage compliance to Achieve performance review process for the division and SSI as a whole;
- Support the Strategic Plan and Business Planning process deliverables and in particular the Director as a Business Plan owner;
- Maintain knowledge of SSI’s operations, guidelines, processes and people in order to facilitate aligned executive support. Providing a bridge for consistent, standardised, timely communication between the Director and internal and external parties;
- Work constructively in alignment with SSI’s values. Comply with all SSI’s policies and procedures and statutory obligations, occupational health and safety, child protection and equal employment opportunity initiatives to contribute to a safe, healthy, equitable and ethical workplace;
- Help coordinate speaking engagements and invitations by liaising with Communications staff to prioritise opportunities and make recommendations for attendees to ensure adequate SSI representation. Handle invitations and liaising with staff to attend and be briefed as needed;
- Assist the Director in the processing and review of new business opportunities and if progressed ensure processes are adhered to and all relevant parties informed.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
At SSI we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org o r call Vimla Khooblall on 02 8799 6700
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant to State Director via Pro Bono Australia.