About the role
FINANCE MANAGER Advertisement
JOB TITLE: Finance Manager
- Key role with national peak body and advocacy organisation working towards an equitable, just and inclusive society for Australia’s 8 million older Australians over 50
- Part time (0.6 or 0.7FTE), specific hours negotiable
- Canberra based
COTA Australia is the leading national policy development, advocacy and representation organisation for older Australians. We focus on national policy issues from the perspective of older people as citizens and consumers, seeking to promote, improve, and protect the circumstances and wellbeing of older people in Australia. As a leader in the sector, COTA plays an influential role in policy and advocacy to Government, business, civil society, and the media.
COTA Australia invites applications for the position of a part time Finance Manager based in Canberra. This is a ‘hands-on’ role in a relatively small staff team where your financial skills and experience will ensure the sound financial management of the organisation and contribute to its overall operations and development.
COTA Australia is an equal opportunity employer and provides flexible working conditions.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Advise the Chief Executive, Boards and other Managers in respect to financial management and other aspects of financial development
- Preparation of financial reports including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and project reports for Boards and/or Board Committees
- Oversight and management of outsourced bookkeeping and payroll services including the administration of salary packages
- Arrange annual audits and preparation of annual financial statements including all year end accruals, adjustments and reconciliations
- Ensure statutory requirements are met and preparation of reports in relation to business activity statements, taxation, superannuation, workcover, fringe benefits tax, ACNC etc
About the organisation
COTA Australia is the national consumer peak body for older Australians. Its members include State and Territory COTAs (Councils on the Ageing) in each of the eight States and Territories of Australia. COTA Australia and the State and Territory COTAs have around 40,000 individual members and supporters and more than 1,000 seniors’ organisation members, which jointly directly represent over 500,000 older Australians.
COTA Australia’s focus is on national policy issues from the perspective of all older Australians as citizens and consumers and we seek to promote, improve and protect the circumstances and wellbeing of older people in Australia. Information about, and the views of, our constituents and members are gathered through a wide variety of consultative and engagement mechanisms and processes.
How to apply
Applicants are required to address the key selection criteria contained in the position description.
CONTACT: Christine Appleby on (02) 6154 9741 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
SUBMIT: Resume and applications addressing the selection criteria should be submitted by email to Christine Appleby at email@example.com using the subject line Finance Manager Application.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 19 April 2021
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.