About the role
About the role and its power:
The BPD Community Sustainability Project is employing a BPD Community Manager and a Fundraising Manager to build the sustainability of the organisation. As Fundraising Manager, your role is to secure funding to lead us into the future and build our pro bono and volunteer contributions.
Your tasks would include ensuring core capacity funding continues and programmatic funding begins. To date our team of currently 13 volunteers run the organisation and implement its programs, we are keen to continue in the areas we work to develop our programs and our reach. To support this work and build its sustainability will be your responsibility.
To manage this you will implement a planned approach to achieve ongoing financial security in the short term through grants, philanthropic foundations, corporate sponsorships, donations. For the longer term you will research and pilot a planned approach to generating income through delivery and licensing of innovative and creative psychoeducation training programs.
You will have the personal qualities to show leadership and contribute to a dynamic, innovative and creative organisation. Lived experience of BPD (consumer or carer) is desirable. Commitment to BPD Community’s values and strategic plan is essential.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Tertiary qualifications or experience in a related discipline with fundraising, marketing and events management well regarded;
- An ongoing commitment to professional development particularly in respect to achieving the CFRE credential; membership of FIA, AMI, or similar association well regarded;
- Proven success delivering revenue growth; demonstrated record of securing philanthropic gifts and other financial support including sponsorships, partnerships and the like;
- Experience in working with and developing strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including all levels of govt, community based mental health and Wellbeing organisations, clinical services, other NGO’s and research institutions.
- Proven success in influencing stakeholders in a sensitive manner; strong networking skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task / time manage and to deliver successful outcomes on a variety of projects concurrently;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of MS Office suite, Outlook, Social media, computer and internet literacy;
- The ability to work safely and effectively from home.
About the organisation
BPD Community is the Victorian grassroots, peer led and independent not for profit for people with lived experience of BPD, both consumers and carers. We welcome also people who work in the mental health and wellbeing sector and those who support our mission and values.
BPD Community doesn’t waste time getting things done. Our theory of change guides us and our model of recovery upholds our work. We have developed a flexible response to filling the gaps in the system: we are dynamic and dedicated. Our first five years have been dedicated to creating strong foundations on which to build.
We are a diverse community and our organisation reflects that, we care about our people. As a start-up we are a close knit, hands on group. And, we are organised, ready and keen to change the world.
BPD Community is ready to launch ourselves to the next level, do you want to join us?
How to apply
Submit an expression of interest addressing the criteria with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Fundraising Manager via Pro Bono Australia.