About the role
As Head of Risk, you will be responsible for ensuring Compassion Australia has a contemporary fit for purpose and strategically aligned risk management and compliance approach to minimise unwanted disruption and maximise opportunity.
You will passionately and pragmatically work to build greater risk management awareness and ownership within the Compassion Australia team, ensuring that risks are effectively identified, assessed, managed and monitored.
- Oversee the design, development and evolution of the risk management approach to ensure risks are identified and managed within the organisations defined risk appetite.
- Design and maintain an annual compliance program at the organisational and functional level, monitoring to ensure activities are completed and any non-conformances are identified and addressed as required
- Support leaders to understand, own and implement adequate controls to mitigate risk in light of the evolving internal and external environment.
- Play a leading role in defining and embedding a sustainable culture of risk awareness, which is consistent with Compassion’s values and risk appetite.
- Proactively monitor new developments in legislation and regulations to ensure Compassion Australia is prepared and can respond appropriately to changing requirements
- Advise senior leaders on emerging and current risks
- Facilitate internal audits of Compassion Australia policies, processes and practices to ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulatory bodies
- Ensure timely reporting to enable quality decision making as it relates to risk and compliance
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with external stakeholders, including regulator and peak bodies
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, manage critical incidents. This includes ensuring business continuity and critical incident management plans are prepared, communicated and routinely tested.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- A comfort with delving into the detail but also thinking ‘big picture’
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing risk and compliance management systems in a mid to large organisation, contextualising the approach based on the environment
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements in the For-Purpose Sector, particularly faith-based organisations
- Experience preparing and presenting risk reports to an Executive and Board.
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Experience in an international environment desirable
- Legal qualifications desirable
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit and be looking for a role where you can be “hands on” in applying your skills and experience. You will be a “big picture” thinker, and equally comfortable diving into the detail. A strength will be your ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
To express your interest in this position please download the information pack and click “Apply Now” to upload your application including your resume and cover letter by 19th May 2021.
For an initial discussion or enquiries about the role please contact People & Culture via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Head of Risk and Compliance via Pro Bono Australia.