About the role
Haven; Home, Safe (HHS) and Mind Australia have joined forces to deliver the From Homelessness to a Home (H2H) program across the Barwon South West and Loddon regions of Victoria.
The State Government funded program provides a pathway for people who were temporarily placed in hotels during COVID-19 to transition from homelessness to safe, secure, and affordable housing.
HHS and Mind will work intensively with other specialist agencies to deliver a tailored and responsive service based on the needs of individuals, including mental health, drug and alcohol, and family violence support to help them sustain a long-term tenancy.
Following Housing First principles, the primary aim is to house people as quickly as possible to prevent further harm from sleeping rough or living in emergency accommodation.
- Provide property and rental management functions for a variety of HHS managed housing stock
- Rental management in line with the aims and intents of program guidelines.
- Rental management duties include rental sign-up, rent calculation collection and monitoring, maintenance reporting and asset management, and customer service.
- Prepare for and represent HHS at VCAT’s Residential Tenancy List hearings, to make applications for various orders/warrants, etc.
- Manage a portfolio of sublet properties which includes liaison with primary letting with real estate agents and the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH).
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Sciences discipline, Public Sector Management, Social Work or related disciplines or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of tenancy, disability legislation and regulatory frameworks relating to the housing and Residential Tenancies Act.
- Community housing sector knowledge, or property industry and tenancy management practices, RTA legislation related to administrative processes.
- Experience dealing with challenging housing management issues including eviction and court proceedings.
- Experience or knowledge dealing with people that have experienced long-term homelessness.
What we offer in return
- Competitive remuneration, salary packaging for living expenses, meal and entertainment expenses
- A day off on your birthday
- Inclusive work culture
- Novated leasing options
- Flexible working arrangements
About the organisation
Haven; Home, Safe is the leading provider of end-to-end supports and housing services for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in victoria.
How to apply
For a detailed description of the position and to apply for this position, please visit our job vacancy portal
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume and a statement addressing the key selection criteria - please note, only complete applications will be considered
Manager Shane Smith
Mobile 0411 657 554
Haven; Home, Safe (HHS) is committed to building an inclusive workplace where all people feel valued, are empowered to bring their complete, authentic selves to work, and have equal access to opportunities to help them reach their full potential. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with disabilities, culturally and linguistically diverse people, including refugees to our country, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer+ (LGBTIQ+) communities.
Please quote in application: Housing Officer – H2H Program South via Pro Bono Australia.