About the role
Moriarty Foundation is seeking to appoint a highly motivated HR and Team Support administrator to work as part of our Programs Delivery team to coordinate the planning, administration, and delivery of our programs and to support the National expansion strategy across operations, HR, and Finance.
A small, energetic team of dedicated staff has successfully developed a solid foundation since the Foundation’s establishment in 2012 in Borroloola and Robinson River, NT, and the launch of the Sydney scholarships program in 2015.
You will report to the Head of Operations & HR, and liaise with Program Managers, Development & People Lead, Finance, and remote and regional staff. You will be primarily responsible for supporting the HR and operational tasks of our Indi Kindi and John Moriarty Football Programs. You will build internal and external relationships for optimal operations and logistics to support best practice organisational growth and program delivery.
This is a pivotal role in our expanding operations. We are an agile and flexible small-medium independent not-for-profit, with an affiliated organisation that has more than thirty years experience in remote Aboriginal Australia. We are offering the suitable candidate a cutting edge professional opportunity and a fulfilling role that is responsible for developing and implementing well-documented “hard” (physical and digital) together with “soft” (people-centred) logistics and operations for Sydney head office, as well as existing, and new remote and regional delivery locations.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Apply efficient administration and operational systems (eg. CRM) that will support growth, maintain accountability, ensuring consistency across operations and delivery.
- Assist in the delivery of all the recruitment projects and onboarding documentation required, in collaboration with local teams, Program Managers and HR.
- Under guidance from the Head of Operations & HR, review and update policies and procedures, manuals, guides, training material, and other communication materials on key initiatives and projects, with ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Monitor and coordinate Work, Health and Safety (WHS) and other employee-related activities such as WWVP compliance requirements and Risk Management Plans.
- Under guidance from the Head of Operations & HR, implement and coordinate infrastructure models and operational structure for Sydney Head Office, Hubs in NT, QLD, and NSW and for future expansion communities.
- Provide high-level administrative management of the office locations in Sydney and in the Hubs, establishing processes and guidelines to ensure consistency and cost-saving choices are made by the local teams.
- Investigate and implement office infrastructure to include (but not be limited to) office premises, vendors, contractors IT, phones, printers, service providers, equipment as required for remote, regional, and satellite communities, and Sydney Head Office.
- Oversee implementation of new systems, software, and Apps to manage training requirements and development plans for the team, in collaboration with Program Managers and HR.
- Monitor and maintain communication with Moriarty Foundation donors.
- Supporting the Communications Lead in line with our Social Media and Website plan.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in disciplines such as Business Studies, Human Resources, Administration, Operational or Project Management or similar.
- A minimum of three years administrative background with excellent organisational skills in the coordination of multiple deliverables with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in HR administration roles.
- Systems–orientated with advanced proficiency in MS Office suite on Mac platform and online project management tools (Asana, Google Docs, Smartsheet).
- Experience with social media platforms, in particular scheduling posts and formatting video content.
- Attention to detail, well developed prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to changing conditions.
- A commitment to high-quality, coupled with a warm, helpful internal and external customer service approach. Effective written and verbal communication skills are a pre-requisite.
- Detail orientated with a very high level of accuracy and capable of working autonomously.
- Ability to work cohesively within a small team environment.
- Experience in, or interest to learn quickly about remote region programs and communities essential, particularly in relation to children.
- A Working with Children Check and National Police Clearance.
- Experience in a Not-for-Profit environment desirable but not essential.
- Proficient use of databases. Experience in Salesforce is desirable.
This position is located in a light and airy contemporary office in Crows Nest Sydney, close to public transport and all amenities.
About the organisation
We are an agile and flexible small-medium independent not-for-profit, with an affiliated organisation “Balarinji” that has more than thirty years of experience in remote Aboriginal Australia.
Moriarty Foundation has the following programs:
Indi Kindi – A locally-led early years program integrating health, wellbeing and education to give under five year olds the best start in life and improve the global readiness of Aboriginal children entering school.
JMF – A skills mastery program for 6-16 year olds that uses football (soccer) for talent and positive change, improving school attendance and achieving resilient, healthier outcomes in Indigenous communities.
JMF Scholarships & Pathways – A program that provides a life-changing pathway for talented young footballers aged 10-18 years in our grassroots JMF program who show exceptional sporting ability and a desire to work hard at school.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: HR & Team Support via Pro Bono Australia.