About the role
The Centre for Non-Violence (CNV) is a leading and innovative specialist Family Violence organisation based in the Loddon area, with a vision of gender and social equality for all. CNV is an inclusive child safe organisation, committed to achieving diversity in our service response and workforce.
We currently have a number of Integrated Practice Worker vacancies within both CNV and the Orange Door. Located within our Program and Services Division in Bendigo, these opportunities can be on either a part or full time basis with 0.8 – 1 FTE (30.4 – 38 hours) negotiable for the right person.
Our Programs and Services Division delivers a range of programs to the community including domestic violence outreach services for women and children experiencing family violence and/or homelessness; counselling for women and children experiencing family violence; young women’s housing programs; programs for men who use violence towards family members including men’s behaviour change and case management.
Please indicate in your application if you have a preference of either providing a service response to:
- men who have been referred to or who contact the service due to concerns they have about the impact of their behaviour on their family members and are seeking support to help change their behaviour and stop using violence in their relationships; or
- women and children seeking support and safety, whilst keeping the perpetrator in view.
For consideration, applicants will need to address the selection criteria contained within the position description, available on our website at www.cnv.org.au. To be considered for this position you will have:
- A minimum of Diploma level qualification in social work, psychology, community services and/or a related human services field.
- At least two years’ experience in a family violence or related role.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of family violence including impacts on children and young people and young homeless women’s issues in accordance with service philosophies.
- Extensive experience in providing case work to individuals and/or families experiencing complex needs and risk issues including a sound knowledge of referral pathways.
- The ability to work with limited supervision and exercise judgement and initiative in a fast paced and changing environment where practices and processes may not be clearly defined.
Employment with CNV is subject to a satisfactory WWC clearance and criminal record history check prior to commencement of employment.
For more information visit our website or phone People and Culture on (03) 5430 3000.
CNV is an equal opportunity employer.
About the organisation
The Centre for Non-Violence Inc. (CNV) is a well-established organisation, with over 20 years’ experience in providing specialist family violence programs and services for women and children experiencing family violence and at risk of homelessness, men who use violence in the family and working with families across the continuum of response, early intervention and primary prevention. We provide a range of services for women and children experiencing family violence; programs for men who use violence in the family, including men’s behaviour change programs, enhanced intake and case management.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Integrated Practice Worker via Pro Bono Australia.