About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Manager of Development, Fundraising and Relationships to join a wonderful Australian Health Promotion Charity (HPC).
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the President of the HPC, this role works with a highly impressive peer in NSW but also offers autonomy and the ability to be strategic as well as ‘hands on’.
With a principal focus on Major Gifts, there is a strong emphasis on relationship-building – engagement, cultivation and stewardship of the existing and prospective donor community.
Targeted research in trusts and foundations as well as working with high-net-worth individuals and corporations, stewardship and authentic networking will be second nature to you, and you will be so passionate about the work of the HPC that you will be setting the schedule and direction for the HPC’s Victorian branch.
As the HPC works across religions and beliefs, there is no requirement to be of any faith. The ‘beacon of hope’ in building relationships between different communities is the essence of the organisation.
What we are seeking:
- At least 2 years in a relationship-based role, either in a NFP or commercial sector.
- Sound understanding of the Victorian philanthropic landscape.
- Support for the ethics, principles, values and global mission of the HPC.
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail, prioritising work and multi-tasking, as well as sound time-management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven research and data mining skills.
- An ethical approach to work and a clear understanding of issues relating to privacy and confidentiality.
- Competent user of MS-suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, use of email and databases such as Salesforce.
About the organisation
Who is our client?
Our client is an Australian Health Promotion Charity, established in 2003, to promote the Mission of an international organisation with deep roots and impact in the Israeli health system. The work of the HPC has a direct and meaningful impact on the delivery of healthcare and medical research (including world leading research collaborations between Australia and Israel). The HPC also has a commitment to community engagement through health which includes health as a bridge to better understanding between people in the region.
Why work for our client?
- Represent an ethical organisation that not only has projects that are global, such as medical research (partners with the Monash University and other Australian research institutions), but also is a ‘beacon of hope’ in building relationships and bridges between different communities.
- Promote and support programs with national impact in Israel
- True ability to work flexibly and WFH 1 day per week.
- Social justice, diversity and inclusion at its heart.
- The ability to work 4 days per week in a senior autonomous role and take true ownership of your work.
- Hands-on and strategic role.
- Overheads are low, ensuring more of the fundraised dollar is directed to the project that best suits your donor.
- True relationship-building role.
- Salary package with HPC tax benefits.
- Established donors with realistic budgets.
- Salesforce CRM system.
How to apply
Please submit a tailored cover letter and your CV to Brittany Marlow, Associate Director, Marlow Recruitment, via the link on this page.
Queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send applications to this address.
Brittany can also be contacted on 0430 367 677.
Please quote in application: Manager of Development, Fundraising and Relationships – 4 days pw via Pro Bono Australia.